Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will 205 or 195 width tyres fit on my standard 15" solid steelies? Or would I have to run a wider rim?

I want that Cal look, running 155's all round at mo, fine at front but want bigger rears....

Any advice much appreciated :)

·
Registered
81 Posts
lookon car bibles under the tire and rim page put in tyre size you want to run and it will tell you what size rims it will suit
really handy site

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Will 205 or 195 width tyres fit on my standard 15" solid steelies? Or would I have to run a wider rim?

I want that Cal look, running 155's all round at mo, fine at front but want bigger rears....

Any advice much appreciated :)
HI there,

195/65x15 tyres sit very nicely on 5.1/2" steelies (I have them on GT rims on a 1303). I feel it's about the widest tyre you can sensibly run on this width of rim otherwise they start looking a bit 'pinched' by the rim width, especially if they are lower profile than 65. Also, if you go too wide the tyre will wallow about on the rim when cornering which is far from ideal!

Cheers, Carl.

32,496 Posts
205-70 is the classic in my humble.

Trouble is, the 70 ssection is hard to find in the UK these days, although it was widely available as a 'sports' tyre in the US in the 70's, and even the ones you can find often don't have 'fat' enough sidewalls to get the right look....

So unless you really want to spend a lot of money, I'd go for something like a 195-65 Firestone classic. They still aren't own brand cheap, but they will give you 'the look'

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
20,711 Posts
The max width for a 4 1/2J rim is 185 down to 70% profile, lower profiles will reduce the allowable width. If they are 4J rims then 165/70 is the widest tyre.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts