Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what car/vehicle do you hate and why?

Mine is a citroen saxo vtr mainly because of the people who drive them and the way they drive them!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,216 Posts
I don't hate any car, and for the record, saxo's are actually FANTASTIC CARS, cheap, almost reliable, fast enough, good handling, let down by expensive spares sometimes and fairly poor build, and always gonna be seen as a poor relation to the 106 Pug (which in GTi for is AWESOME!) go on, shoot me down! ;), but before you do, drive a few :D .

I have a dislike for metro's, mainly because the mini was such a good car, that as a "replacement" it failed on so many levels, for the same reason I'm not a massive fan of the Pug 206.

MK V escorts are pretty awful, but most 92-96 era cars are pretty dull compared to what came before and after, fords of that era just got the bum deal.

Montego's and Rover 200's don't float my boat either, nor do Honda Ballades or Truimph Acclaims.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,832 Posts
i hate all those weird cheap japanese 4 door cars that look like toasters, no idea what they are called though as everyone seems to make one. i also hate the old suzuki swifts, not sure why though. and again for no particular reason i depise everything that vauxhall make, especially all the shite from the 90's vectra's, astra's, omega's, corsa's etc. hate hate hate. oh, and rover 800's
 

·
walking the black dog
Joined
·
65,317 Posts
wedgedout said:
MK V escorts are pretty awful, but most 92-96 era cars are pretty dull compared to what came before and after, fords of that era just got the bum deal.
Spot on dude. I had a MK5 escort as a company car in '91, it was one of the worst car I have ever driven and laughably unreliable.
 

·
I really must get out more
Joined
·
6,132 Posts
gearyboy said:
Mine is a citroen saxo vtr mainly because of the people who drive them and the way they drive them!
Hey. I had one of those and loved it. It was before the chav brigade emerged. Great little pocket rocket. And you'll find most idiots in saxo's have the 1.1 with a few tacky mods because they can't afford the insurance.

My most hated is a Perodua Nippa - it's not a real car, and thousands of old people have been duped out of their hard earned cash only to be savagely let down.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
761 Posts
I hate vectra's which is a shame since I have one as my mileage magnet ( I do 100 miles a day to work and back). They are the most boring car. There reliable mines a dti so cheap to run and handle well but are just dull and have no character. I also have a TD T25 which I use for work aswell and try to leave the wife the vectra.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45,793 Posts
itfczx9r said:
i hate all those weird cheap japanese 4 door cars that look like toasters, no idea what they are called though as everyone seems to make one. i also hate the old suzuki swifts, not sure why though. and again for no particular reason i depise everything that vauxhall make, especially all the shite from the 90's vectra's, astra's, omega's, corsa's etc. hate hate hate. oh, and rover 800's
are they called thecube?, there were loads in hawaii, seen a few here.

i have a saxo forte, its an embaresment but 400 miles to a tank and it runs every day unlike some other cars i own :tick: :D , and its seatbelts are all different colours, now that you cant beat :D and its a 1.1 :incheek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,832 Posts
i actually really hate lorries. especially when they pretend to overtake each other over a 5 mile stretch of dual carrigeway before pulling back in :mad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,832 Posts
westy77 said:
are they called thecube?, there were loads in hawaii, seen a few here.

i have a saxo forte, its an embaresment but 400 miles to a tank and it runs every day unlike some other cars i own :tick: :D , and its seatbelts are all different colours, now that you cant beat :D
dude i met you at the T3D open day, i thought u were a cool guy :( just kidding :D i have a beat up rover 400 turbo diesel, starts everyday, has air-con which can be a real blessing on a long trip (vanfest & back in a day) and does over 500 miles to £38.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45,793 Posts
itfczx9r said:
dude i met you at the T3D open day, i thought u were a cool guy :( just kidding :D i have a beat up rover 400 turbo diesel, starts everyday, has air-con which can be a real blessing on a long trip (vanfest & back in a day) and does over 500 miles to £38.
:D , your was the square at the corner of the building yeah? near my bug when it got striped
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,832 Posts
westy77 said:
:D , your was the square at the corner of the building yeah? near my bug when it got striped
yep the black one ;) long gone, sold it to finish my split. i had the 4 mile drive home :incheek:

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,671 Posts
Driven loadsa shitters in my time, done prewar, all the BL stuff, plenty shit jap utensils, but the worst, by far the worst, was the Merc A-class. Unstable, badly packaged, no road feedback whatsoever and systems that take over at the least opportune moment. I really wanted to like it, but couldn't find any excuse for it actually being in production. Burn em I say.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34,377 Posts
My fecking squareback :tick:

I worked on it for 5 hrs this morning and the poxy gearbox started locking up on me when i took it out.

:mad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,832 Posts
dragster172 said:
My fecking squareback :tick:

I worked on it for 5 hrs this morning and the poxy gearbox started locking up on me when i took it out.

:mad:
no! that sucks bud. mind you i just bought an impreza and it did 45 miles and is now booked in for an engine rebuild and remap.......oh i bet you wish you had my luck with cars! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,088 Posts
rover 100/metro.

crap things, my first ex left me for a metro geek, 2 weeks later my beetle was in an accident with one, to say the least they are now my most hated car.
 
1 - 20 of 64 Posts
Top