Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a CD I have only just got and foolishly lent it to my sister! It was given back to me with Scratches all over the back of it and my CD player in my Van is finding it hard to read it!

I was just wondering what everyone does with Scratched CD's?!
I have heard that some people put them in Freezers, apparently it takes scratches out.

Have you any other ways?!

Scotti.
:hangloose

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
26,445 Posts
Scotti_p5 said:
I was just wondering what everyone does with Scratched CD's?!
I have heard that some people put them in Freezers, apparently it takes scratches out.
No, you have to hang them from your rear view mirror instead, which also has the effect of blocking mobile speed traps.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I give them to my dad, he hangs them around his boat to stop the seagulls doing unmentionables on it..

But i guess this wont help you. ;)
Ive never heard of putting it in the freezer tho, cant see how that would work.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Put em in the microwave.

Doesn't help the scratches but you get a very pretty firework display and some sweet fractal etchings in the disc.

Either that or make your sister eat it.;)

·
Registered
10,269 Posts
Hanging them from fruit trees stops birds nicking your fruit.. apparently :crazy:

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Trust me... I was not happi with her to say the least! When I was younger, I tried putting a mobile phone in the mircowave as it was wet... Pretti fireworks is an understatement!! :crazy:

Scotti.

·
Registered
530 Posts
nah the freezer idea works.. kind of. stick in freezer then put straight in computer (when still cold..) and copy it, then burn a copy... works for annoying small skip scratches but not for big ones.

Dont know how it works, but i guess the CD contracts slightly when cold? who knows..

Also my computer reads my cd's a lot better than my cars cd player, so maybe try putting in computer and burning a copy, it may not skip...

·
Registered
11,039 Posts
Hang them from the trees in the garden to stop the hawks and magpies eating the baby birds. :) everything's on me iPod anyway so I just re-burn anything that gets ruined.

·
Registered
11,039 Posts
maxrox85 said:
blue tack it to the cieling for a funky if slightly kinky mirrored effect:)
;) Oooh yes? :p

·
Registered
8,098 Posts
Get some of this ;)

but do rememebr the half life of a CD is 10 years (they don't rush to tell you that do they? bastards) so in a nutshell half the CDs you own that are 10 years old will probably cease to work soon regardless!

·
Registered
10,269 Posts
alxx_b said:
Hang them from the trees in the garden to stop the hawks and magpies eating the baby birds. :)
Ah well.. I got the tree bit right ! :lol:

·
Registered
19,532 Posts
maxrox85 said:
blue tack it to the cieling for a funky if slightly kinky mirrored effect:)
or glue them all together to make 1 big mirror :)

adam and jo FTW!!!!!111!1 :lol:

my serious answer is that i make copies of them and dont lend out the origionals :p

·
Registered
8,098 Posts
no you don't chez mate!!!! its illegal to make your own backup copy now too :(

subtle terms and conditions change.... we now purchase the right to listen to THAT copy we bought... not a license to listen to any single copy of what we've bought

1 - 20 of 26 Posts