Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:mad: O.k i could have asked"who's had bad service from a solicitor",but the response would probably be massive (and boring).

The guy "helping" me to move house is a right barefaced lying twat.I've caught him out twice by chasing up proceedings from all angles,even contacting the solicitor from the other side directly.

He says he's waiting on a letter from the council that i know he received 3 weeks ago because i personally intercepted the letter before delivery and plonked it on his assistants desk.

Then whilst i was sat in front of him he said he couldn't progress without my mortgage offer,which was sticking out of his file on the desk(my missus spotted it) Now both solicitors are waiting for the other to contact.Can't they use a bastard phone!!! :mad:

He never ever, ever ,ever returns calls and seems to be trying his hardest to prolong my house sale.

Is there really a valid reason for this behaviour?.Are there any solicitors on here that could enlighten me :mad: :mad: .

Ade.

·
Registered
10,493 Posts
Where are you based?
When we bought our house last year in South London we got quoted £950 for the work. We deciced to look for solictors outside london and went for a small branch of Browns Solicitors in Beaconsfield which charged us £350 and did a great job. Sometimes it is worth looking for a smaller town solicitor. They are less busy, nicer. We had to go there to sign all the paperwork in the end but it was worth the saving and they were great.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm in Ellesmere Port (Merseyside).It's costing us about £2000 in fees to buy and sell.Easy money for him as i've done all the running round!

·
Registered
11,045 Posts
Unfortunately, like most big businesses/companies, they take on more work than they can handle for the sake of money to be made and will lie if you pick them up on it to save their own hides.

The solicitors I work for claim to care about their employees, they make a big song and dance about it, then hire 'management consultants' (for a hefty fee I bet) to tell them how to run their own business and now are laying off 20 staff, 6 weeks before Christmas :(

I wouldn't be surprised if I get called in for a 'chat' when I get back from my hols next Wednesday.

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
just sounds like you've had a bad one. I've had bad and good, I intend to use the good one again. If he's been genuinely lazy and expensive, tell folk about it. He'll learn.

·
Registered
5,374 Posts
ourkid said:
I'm in Ellesmere Port (Merseyside).It's costing us about £2000 in fees to buy and sell.Easy money for him as i've done all the running round!
:eek:

I sold my last house for only £352.50 solicitors fees, and they were brilliant. That was a sale only though, no coresponding purchase.

I'd move to another solicitor, there are good ones out there ;)

·
Registered
8,961 Posts
My solicitor was great although when my £350 cashback failed to appear after completion they couldn't care less!

My friend is having a right nightmare with the other parties solicitor he's lying about everything and actually told them they would be able to complete on Tuesday and she only found out Tuesday afternoon that the seller is actually on holiday this week!

It baffles me how some companies get away with such poor customer service!

·
Registered
5,374 Posts
DarkHorse said:
My solicitor was great although when my £350 cashback failed to appear after completion they couldn't care less!

My friend is having a right nightmare with the other parties solicitor he's lying about everything and actually told them they would be able to complete on Tuesday and she only found out Tuesday afternoon that the seller is actually on holiday this week!

It baffles me how some companies get away with such poor customer service!
They shouldn't!

If you don't get anywhere with their internal complaints procedure, take a look at www.lawsociety.org.uk, and they can give you independent advice, and take action against the solicitor for you.

I'd definitely try sending them a complaints letter first - send it recorded delivery though, and request a written response within 7 days.

:)

·
Banned
18,444 Posts
My solicitor is top notch 300.00 every time .. i have used her 5 times in the last 2 years and she would not lie to me she,s on my side

But at work we r in the middle of a big land deal and the soliciter is shit.... man he is propa monged out lodge dweller... but who am i to say i only work there

·
Banned
450 Posts
ourkid said:
nearly all solicitors need a shotgun stuck up their arseholes & fired repeatedly, mother funkers

·
Registered
310 Posts
I have a family law Solicitor who is blinding, expensive but blinding. No hesitation about recomending them to anyone.

Our conyencers on the other hand... I am getting fairly regular phonecalls from the Estate Agents saying that the Coveyencers are stonewalling so I end up gettng on to them - they lie to me. How do I know? They have a website you can track progress on.

The joy is they are being paid a grand. Not only that but we only discovered after we had engaged them and they had started work they do not work wit our Mortgage provider meaning we needed to hire an additional solicitor for additional cash.

I seriously would not recomend suremove to anyone - it's been one long bad experience - we should be in our new house by now.

·
Saddest VZi'er 2019
6,771 Posts
Ghis said:
Where are you based?
When we bought our house last year in South London we got quoted £950 for the work. We deciced to look for solictors outside london and went for a small branch of Browns Solicitors in Beaconsfield which charged us £350 and did a great job.
That's who I'm with for the house move I'm in the middle of. They're only down the road as I live in Beaconsfield anyway. TBH they're being a bit slack with us - not ringing us, not sending us paperwork, etc. I've had to ring them twice to ask why we haven't received something, and they go "Oh, sorry, have we not sent that yet?" And I have to go "Errrrm, no. Have you had it long? We've been waiting over a week"
House moving is the work of Satan and why anyone would actually WANT to be a solicitor is beyond me...

When we bought our current place it was from the landlord, so we were already living there, there was no chain either side, no anything - just a simple transfer of ownership, changing the names on the deeds. WE ALREADY LIVED THERE FOR F***S SAKE!!! They had no other solicitors to deal with, no phone calls to make, no anything. Guess how long it took the solicitors to sort it out.... Go on....

3 months. :(

·
Registered
310 Posts
You know it shoukld only take days, even with dealing with the vendors solicitors...

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
many years ago I was told by a friend who was a solicitor that usually the mortgage money is put in a high earning holding account or some other form of high yield short term investment, the longer it takes to exchange the more they earn off your mortgage advance. Not sure how true this was but I have no reason to doubt her and would not be surprised at all if this practice is still common place.

·
Registered
910 Posts
When moving house 3 years ago my solicitor was a complete waste of space! myself and the girl i bought my house off used the same firm, differant solicitors tho, and when either of us rang em we got the same shite, we're waiting for vendors solicitors!!! :mad:

you're in the same feckin building!!! just talk to each other!!!

no wonder they earn so much...... :crazy:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts