Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im wondering what rating Leisure battery do people have on their vans and what sort of stuff do they run?

In my van im gonna have a power hungry cool box and a stereo to support for an average of 3 days at a time during show season, so trying to get the right one for the job. So far i seen some cheap 85ah leisure batters at SCATs as they sell them for electric fences which means they must last well!

what do you run and what have you got in your van?

:hangloose

·
Registered
7,021 Posts
I run 2 x 85ah ones in our van.

I run the invertor, 2 x 20w 12v lights, stereo, water pump, dvd player, digital tv and playstation off them.

Doesn't last too long with the invertor, but thats cos its a 700w one, 1 battery will last about 8-10 hours on that. But, if there's no invertor, then it'll last ages!

·
Registered
589 Posts
westy77 said:
wasnt too shabby at the 100 meters at school and the battery is a white one :D
very good...that properly made me giggle :lol:

em X

·
Registered
507 Posts
8 x 225 amp/ hour 6 volt cells that gives me 900amp/hours total @12volt

same on the other side of the van 500kg of batteries in total.

it keeps me stereo running ok :D

·
Premium Member
2,699 Posts
I run 2x 12v 110 a/h jobs, as i got them cheap through work, power the stereo nicely, and my light! until it get's turned up that is, they only last a couple of hours at 11 :D

·
Registered
13,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
caddy said:
8 x 225 amp/ hour 6 volt cells that gives me 900amp/hours total @12volt

same on the other side of the van 500kg of batteries in total.

it keeps me stereo running ok :D
ah i saw your bus at action! its diesel :tick: think that maybe a bit much for me lol

Mike D said:
I run 2x 12v 110 a/h jobs, as i got them cheap through work, power the stereo nicely, and my light! until it get's turned up that is, they only last a couple of hours at 11
where do you fit them? what size are there?

Noncompusmentis said:
I run 2 x 85ah ones in our van.
Same Question, what size are they and where do you fit them?

·
Registered
7,021 Posts
Mine are in a T25. One of them is under the passenger seat, and the other is loose so I can put it in the awning or where ever I need it.

When the van gets re worked tho, they are going under the bed... and I'll probably be adding another one into the mix to try keep the invertor/fridge going longer!

Caddy's set up is awesome! :hangloose ;)

·
Registered
13,068 Posts
I've got one BIG White Bosch one - it's about a foot long (the biggest size that GSF sell) - and that powers my stereo and like van electrics - at Vanfest, it lasted all night saturday with the stereo going (which has amps and stuff too) - and my 300 watt inverter was going charging phones and camera and stuff too... van still started fine! ;)

I've also got a leisure battery - in the cupboard just behind the drivers seat - which powers the lights in the back and the extractor fan and stuff... that's one of the smallest normal car ones that GSF sell. It'll still last about a weekend with everything "on" before it goes flat, though! :hangloose

1 - 10 of 10 Posts