Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

we use our bug a lot for running around in with the two youngest kids in the back.

At the moment we have some static belts fitted but these are a pain as we have to wrestle with them (the seatbelts, not the kids) to change their length depending how thick a coat the kids are wearing.

Having looked around at inertia belts they are very rare secondhand and expensive new, so I was wondering what inertia belts from other cars, if any, would fit the rear of a beetle as a more affordable option?

·
Registered
7,245 Posts
Inertia belts from the rear of most small hatchbacks will be fine. Just go to your local scrappy and take your pick. Pug 106's, Citroen Saxo's, Old Golfs and Polos etc. They all have the mountings in roughly the same places and the bolts and threads are all standard size too.

:)

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that mate

shall have to find some time and take a trip down to the scrappy and see what I can find.

Got to be easier than the static ones and more comfy for the kids as well.

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
26,458 Posts
Playing devil's advocate here but do you really want to entrust your kids safety to something you picked up in a scrappy?

·
Registered
7,245 Posts
M-A-D said:
Playing devil's advocate here but do you really want to entrust your kids safety to something you picked up in a scrappy?
Its true that you will be taking a small risk, make sure that the seatbelts are not frayed AT ALL and that the mechanisms work in the scrap car first.

I paid the extra cash for new belts in my car for peace of mind although i bought the static versions. GSF do the inertia belts for £30ish each so think to yourself, are your children worth £30 each ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts