Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend in work wants to buy her husband a satnav for about £150 - £170 is there any you can suggest.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
I have a TomTom one and it's the business. I borrowed a mates Navman and I didn't like it and it seemed slower (although he felt the same about the TomTom).

You can pick up the newest TomTom one GB for £150 from PC World at the moment.

·
Registered
8,961 Posts
don't get a nav man, Darrens Dad and brother both got one for Christmas and it's really bad at picking up GPS signal.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, I think it's probably between the tomtom which is £135 or the navman for £115 delivered from ebuyer (plus £10 off if using google checkout) I've read a few reviews and it generally both are great for the price but tomtom is a little quicker changing views and zooming in on roundabouts

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
simonj said:
Thanks, I think it's probably between the tomtom which is £135 or the navman for £115 delivered from ebuyer (plus £10 off if using google checkout) I've read a few reviews and it generally both are great for the price but tomtom is a little quicker changing views and zooming in on roundabouts
What I didn't like when I used the Navman was it would get stuck a lot. It was slower at recalculating routes and sometimes it would not pick u a satellite.

The TomTom has it's faults but it has always got me from A to B with relative ease.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
pendil said:
Real men use maps................and sometimes get lost, but its better than asking directions.
Thats why I haven;t got one, I always find where I need to go although it usually takes twice as lond and I travel twice as far as I should :incheek:

·
Registered
401 Posts
simonj said:
Thats why I haven;t got one, I always find where I need to go although it usually takes twice as lond and I travel twice as far as I should :incheek:
But it's more of an adventure and you're living on the edge. ;)

·
Registered
7,517 Posts
Technohippy said:
I use prat-nav and I don't get any more lost than people with expensive dash clutter (maadmaxxer and slammedresto)
My TomTom
has never got me lost yet, and i love it, although when someone sends me a text message while i am approaching a roundabout it does mean i am on my own as it halts tomtom to display the message for 20 seconds........the down side of having it on the PDA :crazy:

i would recommend tomtom though :)

·
Registered
8,098 Posts
maadmaxxer said:
My TomTom
has never got me lost yet, and i love it, although when someone sends me a text message while i am approaching a roundabout it does mean i am on my own as it halts tomtom to display the message for 20 seconds........the down side of having it on the PDA :crazy:

i would recommend tomtom though :)
It did try sending you from Cambridge to Colchester via Ipswich tho :crazy:

·
Registered
7,517 Posts
Technohippy said:
It did try sending you from Cambridge to Colchester via Ipswich tho :crazy:
cambridge to chelmsford via ipswich....

but that was user error ;)

and it normally sends me from colchester to Santa Pod via Ipswich (A14) because it is more simple........

hmmm i think my satnav knows me too well :crazy:

·
Registered
665 Posts
hmm what if you want street level european mapping? France spain italy and czech republic can you add it on later? (and still save over preloaded)

·
Registered
41,019 Posts
pendil said:
Real men use maps................and sometimes get lost, but its better than asking directions.
Exactly!!

And thats why I always ask my Dad for directions! Why is it men can get anywhere in the UK??

I'm the worlds worst at thinking she gets lost & sometimes does! I have a road map, a phone & I can read road signs. i'll get there eventually. ;)

·
Registered
203 Posts
Mitac mio C510, got one after trying out another engineers one at work, every buggers bought one now there so impressed.
Got mine from dealer on ebay for £127, have a look, bluetooth handsfree too.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts