Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a dilemma going on here, i'm going to sell my1996 Mk3 16valve golf gti.
do i sell it as it is or do i put the engine back to standard? At the moment it has a polished cylinder head,scorpion stainless steel exhaust and Kent cams, followers and valve springs and a K+N air filter. if i leave it as it is would i get a good return on the mods or not? Also i have got a vernier pulley for the cams a B+M shifter for the gear change and a stainless steel exhaust manifold and a K+N 57i induction kit to go on the car.
should i fit them on before sale or sell em separately?its also had a clutch,dizzy cap,ignition leads,coil and abs sensors recently

what kind of money do you think its worth, what would you do?

i posted this in the H2O section too without much luck it seems the watercooled peeps just dont like typing :incheek:

·
Registered
11,291 Posts
Putting it back to stock would make it more accessable insurance wise to a larger audience but is depends if you want to go through all the trouble of doing so. I sold an 8v on 17's and slightly modded recently and the number of people asking if I had all the stock bits still ;)

Price wise, there's a Monza Green, 5 door, P Reg, 16v, Mk3 at a garage down the the road from me for £1799 and it's immaculate.

OP

·
Registered
16,689 Posts
Sell with stock bits available at extra price... But to get the best return, if your times isn't as valuable as the money, put it back to stock and sell the extra bits seporately. That'll give the bet return £ wise at a cost of time and effort.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.