Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Hgia has spent a lot of the last year unused, but recently has been brought back out to play! :D

Problem is I seem to have a sticky caliper perhaps?! The offside front wheel gets very hot, with a burning smell and sometimes smoke....then today I lost all pressure in the pedal?! :eek:

Nowt, zippity. foot to the floor no pressure. Stopped car (by handbrake) and checked brake fluid level...fine. Managed to turn round from the traffic I was in (heading to North West of Scotland VW meet)heading gingerly home and had to use the handbrake to skid to a halt at the next traffic lights from 20mph. I had foot on brake as well in hope the brake light would come on.

Brakes then miraculasy came back on. I don't seem to be loosing any fluid?! I am very confused. I think the caliper has unstuck itself.

WTF is happeneing. THis has happened twice in the last couple of weeks (of which I have only had 3 or 4 trips out.)

·
Registered
11,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ummmm, yes so the oil is boiling (turning to gas) and I thus have compressability at the pedal?! :eek: Time to fit the Talbots I rekon, with new hoses and pleanty of new brake fluid.

Am I likely tohave done any toehr damamge with the brake fluid getting to these temps?

Cheers,
Dan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts