Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tentatively looking at a job around that way.

Anything I should worry about before i think about upping sticks?

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the Pod locality was a boon and a 2 bed house with garage for 500 a month is way cheaper than what I pay now!

Knew someone at Uni who thought Yoghurt had more culture than northampton ... but then again he liked london (which i don't) and he was a c**t so maybe I shouldn't have paid attention .... lucky i don't hold grudges isn't it? :D

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
My sisters both live in Rushden because it's cheap houses round that way. Chav central though :D

·
Registered
5,767 Posts
We are not too far away, all nice people and lots of dubs and klub meets to go to :hangloose

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Some of the villages are nice, I grew up in Northamptonshire.... Steer clear of Wellingborough and Kettering and definitely Corby, some parts of Northampton are OK... Rushden is chav central, but its splitting distance from the pod... I lived in Raunds which was OK too..... Thrapston used to be OK, so are most of the villages around there.... Good luck....

The fact I moved to Hertfordshire has no basis on my above comments ;)

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
basically you'd rather live somewhere that isn't the gun capital of the UK or a place where you get sent to so people don't speak to you.

You could try bigging it up a bit more ;)

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
it's ok, but thats if you get the right parts of northampton, some are shite

·
Prom Queen
8,015 Posts
Northampton's ok....spent most of my life here....

Was bought up in lots of little villages on the outskirts...

Loads of dubs, decentish town, MK shopping isn't far away...oh...and of course there is loads of dub clubs around :D

·
Registered
10,708 Posts
I've just spent a lot of money buying a house there so it better be good!!

Looking forward to seeing a few of the N'ton lot some of whom I've met some I haven't. My place is in Duston...3 car drive plus garage sealed the deal for me, my better half also informs me its got 3 big bedrooms and is kitted out nice but to be honest it was all a bit of a haze after seeing the garage :D

Moving in in 2 months and will have a party for the local dubbers to get to know you all...oh yeah I forgot to say, my next door neighbour has a 70 bug stripped down on his drive so it looks like i've got a friend!! :D

·
Banned
4,064 Posts
we are in Rushden, iam from Raunds ,lived here all my life, rushden is chav central teen mums galore , but it aint that bad seen worse, stay clear from certain parts of northampton and wellinboro, but pods 2 fields away from my workshop so who givs a fook about chavs.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts