Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have a 1970 beetle with 4inch narrowed fully adjustable Eva resto front beam on standard spindles with disc conversion and Eva resto rear swing arm on the 2nd notch drop with lowered shocks. I love the stance and look of the bug but don't like the reali skinny front wheels I'm running 145/65r15 on the front for clearance on lock but the front wheels sit to far in for me. Does anyone know what size wheel or et I'll need to run to fill the arches better
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Window

hope the image helps its not the best
I'm guna get wider wheels for the rear anyway but that's not much of a problem it's just the front I can't work out.

Cheers Matt

·
Registered
12 Posts
Your main problem will be that your steering will become stupidly heavy with much wider wheels on the front plus wear and tear like on your wheel bearings and steering rack will be higher.

Anyway I'd say on stock beams usually 7j wide is maximum with meaty tyres but with 4 inch narrow beam I'd say 8j with either et35 offset or lower but does depend on what natural or added camber you are running in able to work the "et" out really. Also you will need less taller tyres as not to hit the outer lip of the arches if you wheels are super wide.

If you want to have the same all around then 7j would probably be your best bet as 8s on a stock width rear may be a squeeze especially if the rear has a decent amount of camber. On 7j you could get away with et42 or lower.

I'm assuming your running 4.5j front at the moment?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi GreenT2baywindow.

Thank you for your reply great advice much appreciated gives me a target size and et to go for.

Yer standard steel at the moment I thought they where 4j but might be wrong they might be 4.5j. I got some 5j center line replicas to see how they fit but still to shallow but I see why now with the 7j recommendation haha.

I'll do some google searching and see what options I can find.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts