Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, Ive the ex Andylham brown 54 Oval!

Im in the market for some wheels for it now, Andy had it on OG Fuchs but I bought it on the rusty stock steels! - Ive since painted them!

I want to buy wheels now but cant decide on Fuch or Radars! Im a fan of Radars to be honest but the car did look awesome on Fuchs.

I think I'd rather Radars as I love the tuck of a 5inch narrowed beam! Radars are only available in 5J! I can get replica Fuchs in 4.5 but then have to run adaptors! Thats also going to make it more expensive!!!

So who sells best Fuchs and who does the best Radars?

Should I go for Chrome or Polished??

Finally, how hard are a set of the 17' x 7j Radars to fit to a bug? Would need air ride to run them?

When Andy had it!

How i got it, looking mean on ratty steels!

Now on painted steels!

·
Registered
30,761 Posts
4.5" Flat4 Fuchs with adapters have roughly the same offset as JGE Raders. ;)

Flat4s 4.5s are ET25 (actually ET45 but with 20mm adapters), Raders are 5" ET 20.

Does that make it any easier? :D

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
think Porsche did the best Fuch :lol:

sorry its late,

wot about some nice Halibrands on it with redbands?

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
looks gooorrgeeous on those steelies mate,

i wouldnt bother meself but i do see what u mean by bit lacking a little bit of *insert that french word that sounds like "jenny say whaaa?"*

i think it looked sweet on those polished fuchs though, so id say go for same ones again

nice ride man :)

seannaayy

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
<<<<<<<<<<<<< :D:D

I'm with JO as they are the best looking wheel. ;) Ra(n)dar wheels are the most over used IMO. ;) Although I have a copy of a volksworld in front of me. All three cars on the cover run Fuchs. Five of the six features have them too. :eek: so which ever you choose of the two you're going to see others cars with them on.

p.s the only wheel that might beat a Fuchs is a cosmic

32,416 Posts
Fuch make the best fuchs, but the advantage of the Flat-4 version of the 4.5" jobbies is that they take modern tyres and don't need tubes....

I don't like Radar/Randar wheels, so would swerve them.

Porsche pattern Cosmics are Uber cool, but almost impossible to get and ruinously expensive.

How about belly-button Erco's?

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
If it was mine I'd go for Fuchs however after trying to get hold of 4.5" Flat Four Fuchs a few weeks ago myself you'll probably be out of luck.

In the end I went for JGE burners as it was always a toss up between the two and the lack of the other wheel on the market was god's way of telling me to use burners :D and I have to say the quality is spot on so no worries about the Radars on that front.

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
Fuch make the best fuchs, but the advantage of the Flat-4 version of the 4.5" jobbies is that they take modern tyres and don't need tubes....

Porsche pattern Cosmics are Uber cool, but almost impossible to get and ruinously expensive.

How about belly-button Erco's?
That's why I've got Flat 4 Fuchs

that's why I haven't got Cosmics

I'll raise you erco stars for something even more different. :D

1 - 20 of 72 Posts