Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
following on from what car thread when did you past your test and how many times did it take you
i passed in 1989 first time but dont think i could do it now with all the new rules my test was 3 point turn and a reverse round a corner then drove to and from test station easy.:cool:

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
passed on november 11th 2006 on my second go :D

girfriends got hers today :)

·
Registered
34,373 Posts
I could easily pass now, as I am the best driver in the world, like everyone else is :)
:lol:

89 or 90 i think?

I failed the first time in the test centre after about 30 seconds, then had to restrain my instructor from punching the examiner.

Always a drama.

Nearly identical with my bike test, restraining my instructor.

I think it`s me.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
3rd time lucky for me - passed in September 1988.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Passed first time in 2001. Examiner was a proper laugh and put me at ease which really helped. These were his opening words on my test...

"Imagine its Saturday night... this is not a Landrover...its a new Porsche and its yours. Your girlfriend is in the car. You really don't want to be driving like a tit do you?"

I laughed my ass off, and passed.

Ric

·
Registered
18,580 Posts
Passed first time in 2001. Examiner was a proper laugh and put me at ease which really helped. These were his opening words on my test...

"Imagine its Saturday night... this is not a Landrover...its a new Porsche and its yours. Your girlfriend is in the car. You really don't want to be driving like a tit do you?"

I laughed my ass off, and passed.

Ric
Now why wasn't mine like that - when I did the reverse park he said the usual "Must be within 2 car lengths" so I parked - well - he then said "Thank you Mr Cross but the 2 lengths didn't include this car and the car you were parking behind" :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I passed mine 1st time in 1990.

12 years later it took 2 goes to pass my HGV, I almost had to be restrained when the first examiner told me I failed, I never fail!:eek:

Dave

·
Registered
595 Posts
I feel for you - my brother has failed several times and had some real pains in the arse. Mind you one was a woman who wasn't best impressed when he kept missing the gear lever and grabbing her!! :D

Mine was well cool... more so than I'd ever hoped for. As we were driving past the shops he reckoned he'd take a bribe paid in Cadbury's chomp bars!!

Ric

·
Registered
13,067 Posts
I passed my car on June 14th 2005... Seems like only yesterday though!

Passed PCV in August 2007! :D

Both first time ;)

I don't think I could pass either of them now, though - too many bad habits! :lol:

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
30th May 1991, two months after my 17th. I wanted to take my test on my birthday but I got talked out of it.

Very easy test, the road for the three point turn I could have swung it round in one, and the hill start was on a road so flat that it wouldn't have rolled with the handbrake off!

·
Registered
6,455 Posts
Failed the car one in Jul 86.

Took the old "dual test" again in Oct 86, failed and retook it and passed 5 days later.

Passed all the bike tests and further HGVs, bus, tracked vehicle etc etc etc without any probs.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts