Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Basically since my car has had a complete body off resto I feel the only part letting the car down is the leaky engine! I've decided to bite the bullet and buy a recon unit, i.e a remtec or something like that. I was just wondering if anyone on here could reccomend where to buy from. I don't suppose you can buy a 1776cc for about a grand can you?!

Any advice would be really appreciated! ;)
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
26,771 Posts
I have an NOS 1600 singleport engine from a generator with only 4 hours run time yours for £1250 plus delivery of £30
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nic B-C said:
I have an NOS 1600 singleport engine from a generator with only 4 hours run time yours for £1250 plus delivery of £30
completely NOS?! :eek: Nick, that sounds very tempting. It's a little more tyhan I wanted to pay but let me have a think! ;) Thanks buddy!

Keep any suggestions coming guys! ;)

Ben
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,032 Posts
if ur not going for nic's...

give me a call on 02920347900 - Mark

and i can do you a deal on a vw mexican engine... (BRAND NEW FORM MEXICO)

or a Vege engine with 12,000 miles warrenty or 12 months, whatever comes first :)
and im sure alot of people will agree... vege are the leading brand in engine building/after sales ect

will be deliverd to ur door also,

cheers
Mark
Gsf Cardiff
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cardiff Dubber said:
if ur not going for nic's...

give me a call on 02920347900 - Mark

and i can do you a deal on a vw mexican engine... (BRAND NEW FORM MEXICO)

or a Vege engine with 12,000 miles warrenty or 12 months, whatever comes first :)
and im sure alot of people will agree... vege are the leading brand in engine building/after sales ect

will be deliverd to ur door also,

cheers
Mark
Gsf Cardiff
How much for the VEGE engine buddy? I've got a 4into1 exhaust with a turbo muffler so I'd like to retain that and I dont think can do that with a mexi engine can i?

Anyone who's got some decent 1600's or a little bigger for sale please reply to this! I dont really want to spend more than a grand tho! :(
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
26,771 Posts
benjyhas said:
How much for the VEGE engine buddy? I've got a 4into1 exhaust with a turbo muffler so I'd like to retain that and I dont think can do that with a mexi engine can i?

Anyone who's got some decent 1600's or a little bigger for sale please reply to this! I dont really want to spend more than a grand tho! :(
If you dont want to spend more than a grand the £850 for mexi one from GSF is the route to go for sure
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nic B-C said:
If you dont want to spend more than a grand the £850 for mexi one from GSF is the route to go for sure
dont they have tcatalitic converters though? Surely tyou can buy a decent 1600 for about a grand? Nic, your engine sounds so so tempting but i tihnk its just a little out of my reach! :(
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
26,771 Posts
I really want to use it but dont have anything worthy of it, and no they come ready to non cat
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,032 Posts
benjyhas said:
dont they have tcatalitic converters though? Surely tyou can buy a decent 1600 for about a grand? Nic, your engine sounds so so tempting but i tihnk its just a little out of my reach! :(
as far as im aware... its the old style engine... just in a mexican case... so all 4in1's ect will fit...

and i will be able to do a deal better than 850 ;)

call it vzi discount....

give me a call in the morning.. and we will have a chat,

there is no surcharge on the mexican engines either... so u get to keep ur old engine for spares ect or to sell on....

mark
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cardiff Dubber said:
as far as im aware... its the old style engine... just in a mexican case... so all 4in1's ect will fit...

and i will be able to do a deal better than 850 ;)

call it vzi discount....

give me a call in the morning.. and we will have a chat,

there is no surcharge on the mexican engines either... so u get to keep ur old engine for spares ect or to sell on....

mark
nice one buddy, ill call you in the morrow! ;) ideally I'm looking for a turn key engine, i dont suppose its ready to go is it? Thats great if you can do better than 850! gives me the chance to consider some nice carbs!;)

I'm not in the know how as far as mexi engines are concerned! I hope theyre a little better than their repro repair panels!!! :lol:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
26,771 Posts
will just be long block to have ready to go would be double that price you would be suprised.

Just swap everything off your old engine if a twin 1600
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,032 Posts
yeah the mexi engines are spot on, all out engines come bottom half only, so no dog housing, coil, leads, plugs, carb ect.... but all these should be on your old engine, that arnt required for the exchange on vege engines

but they do come with the dist....

just bolt on / bolt off jobbies and its a turn key engine, that just need running inn ,

speak to u tommrrow,

mark
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Cardiff Dubber said:
yeah the mexi engines are spot on, all out engines come bottom half only, so no dog housing, coil, leads, plugs, carb ect.... but all these should be on your old engine, that arnt required for the exchange on vege engines

but they do come with the dist....

just bolt on / bolt off jobbies and its a turn key engine, that just need running inn ,

speak to u tommrrow,

mark
yeah thats not a problem. i've given my engine a top end rebuild so carb, dizzy, leads, coil, plugs and housing are all there and pretty much new!

Mark, ill give you a call in the morning! ;)

Ben :hangloose
 

·
25 character limit is cra
Joined
·
6,619 Posts
Nic B-C said:
I have an NOS 1600 singleport engine from a generator
*small thread derail* Do generator engines have lower compression than the ones in cars? Or is the only difference the magneto ignition?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,588 Posts
hows it all looking dude?? I cant wait to get mine back... I miss mine rather a large amount :(
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
26,771 Posts
garethj said:
*small thread derail* Do generator engines have lower compression than the ones in cars? Or is the only difference the magneto ignition?
Its a 126a not 100% sure on compression on this one I know some of them were slightly different usually the smaller HP ones I think although not certain.

Its also not got a magneto on this model.

I recently picked up a parts manual for it as well which is rather cool.

Has different tinware on front, the pedastal has a spike thing on front for mounting the exatrs gubbings for acceloration etc.

Pulley is a double banded one dor an extra drive belt to the aceloration thing.

This one also came with a gas carb as this is what it was running on.

I even have the old drive unit which Im gonna use as a test bed as the guy replaced it with a diesal engine as not big enough for what he wanted to use it for.
 

·
I'm not an addict... honest!
Joined
·
3,839 Posts
I've got an engine I had in my old beetle. 1300 but with 1600 barrels on it. was a gold seal from Big Boys Toys. Never had any trouble with it and didnt drop oil.

It's been clogging up my garage for ages, And it's no good for my camper (no longer have beetle). No end float either

£150
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,588 Posts
coops said:
I've got an engine I had in my old beetle. 1300 but with 1600 barrels on it. was a gold seal from Big Boys Toys. Never had any trouble with it and didnt drop oil.

It's been clogging up my garage for ages, And it's no good for my camper (no longer have beetle). No end float either

£150
does it run dude??/ where abouts are you???
 
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Top