Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 55 beetle, and im gonna upgrade to disks on the front. i have a 3.5'' narrowed beam and dropped spindles. do i need to buy new spindles and are there any kits i should steer clear of? opinions please.
Cheers
Boab :hangloose

·
Registered
143 Posts
I'm looking at the wide 5 kits too, Just on a ball joint '66 rather than a king and link pin.

At the cheap end are the EMPI and AC indistries kits for around £440. I think these can be made to fit with dropped spindles but may be an issue. (Coolarvw and streetstyle and power stock these.)

CB performance sell disc kits to go with their dropped spindles for around £500. (Big boyz toys)

The top end kits are the CSP (machine 7) and Airkewled ones, I dont think these have a UK distributor, though....

I'd go for the CSP if you have the cash.....

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dropped spindles

Cheers Pearlwhite,

Do i need to buy new dropped spindles or will the ones on my drums fit the disks?

Boab

·
Registered
661 Posts
Stay clear of the empi kit, its poor quality and weighs a ton, the kit i had (and sent back) had holes in the edge of the disc :eek: .
I went for the csp kit on my 55, yes its a bit overpriced but great quality and fit.......and i have to say transformed the car ....stock brakes were scary.

cheers

pest

1 - 5 of 5 Posts