Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
I'm not an addict... honest!
4,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Myseld and me other half are both qualified design teachers and are contemplating moving to Oz for a few years.

I know about having to be registered as a teacher with the region you want work in and I am guessing the only way of moving out would be to get a migration visa first and then find work while out there.

What I am wondering is:

Who has applied for a migration visa before and how long did it take and cost?

If we moved out there as skilled teachers would it matter whether we worked as teachers out there or took other jobs?

Adrian.

·
4,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
peelo said:
Out of interest, what was it about Australia you liked so much it made you want to go and live there?

Sorry to hijack.

:)
No worries Peelo, just fancied a change really. Im not expecting it to be the answer to everything or be a "grass is greener" type of thing. I personally would just love to experience another country for a while. I lived in California for a short while and that was awesome although it was nigh on impossible for me to obtain a full working visa for the USA.

Ive yet to convince my other half as she is far more family orientated than me and I know at the moment she wouldn't make the move. Certainly not before we are married anyway.

Adrian

·
4,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
peelo said:
We quite fancy doing it for a few years, not sure where in the World. But would keep all UK ties and property etc. Put the kids in school there.

U.S used to appeal but not know. Still great place for holidays, but that's enough.
yeah I had and still have a lot of good friends in North California and Nevada. Its an awesome part of the world, the climbing, mountain biking and surfing around there was what I loved most.

I spent many days climbing around tahoe and donner summit, without doubt the best granite ive ever climbed on.

I have a friend who moved out to Brisbane with his australian wife after living in Sheffield for many years. They love it out there, he cycles a good 20 miles to work everyday in the city on fast clean dedicated cycle routes and spends many weekends on the gold coast surfing with friends.

Now I have to say that appeals a lot over my 70 mile round trip commute on the M1 each day with the possibility of a few weekends surf a year when I can get time to drive down to devon or upto scarborough from nottingham.

Like you, I don't think we could do it as a permenant thing but for a few years definately. We'd have to sell up over here though as we couldn't afford to keep the place going unless we sold ours and brought a place to rent out, just to stay in the market. I think I'd have to find someone to look after my bay, I'd never sell that!

Adrian

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.