Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
We are in full swing at the moment with the 136 permanant residence visa application. ;)

we are using a agent call Ian Harrop & Associates,Burford on the A40 between Oxford and Gloucester,I was told he is the best in the business and if he had a dout he could not get you a visa he would not take you on his books.

he has given us a estimate of approx £3300 all in :)

This includes all fees for Trade assesment,visa applications,police checks ,medicals for all family members(4) photo copies and solicitor costs etc.

his fee is only about £1200 wich is included.and trust me the amount of paper work involved its worth every penny for his guidence.

the trade assesments are currently coming back in about 3 weeks and visa applications 3-6 months

we should have ours by christmas this year.already sold our house
(wanted to sell early so not tied here once visa aprroved)

going out a a Bricklayer as this is my main trade but once visa approved there is nothing to stop me doing somthing different once out there.but must concentrate on my trade for the visa.

then feb/march next year it will be goodbye UK :moon:

and hello
PERTH Western Australia

We cant say as a family we will be there for the rest of our lives as knowbody can say what round the corner,but we are going out with the view that we are giving it a minimum of 3 years.

research says that the first year your in holiday mode and think its great,second year reality sets in and start to miss family and freinds back in the uk but if we can hang in there and give our selfs chance to make the new circle of freinds and get the kids settled (they only 3 & 7) then every thing should be cool.

worst case after 3 years we can come back to the UK ,with one added bonus wich is we will all have Oz passorts and become Oz citizens, this gives the kids a bigger choice in the future,they could then make there own minds up when older to live and work in the UK or Australia.

But to be honest i don't think we'll be back, only for holidays. ;)

anyone want Ian Harrops contact details 08453 700344

·
Registered
633 Posts
VWCOOL said:
tha land of cheap everything! Welcome, you will like it I reckon!!
I THINK YOUR RIGHT MY FRIEND.........I THINK YOUR RIGHT....

what part do you live the dude???

·
Registered
633 Posts
funstuie said:
I travelled to Australia in 2001 for a years travelling working. I went out on my own as I was sick of Ireland and just wanted a change. It was the best thing I ever did. I met my wife out there (she was also travelling over there on her own for many of the same reasons) and had the time of my life the biggest mistake we made was returning to the UK.

My wife is a journalist and I am an IT manager but neither of us qualify for a visa. I don't have any qualifications as I started fixing computers out of school and 10 years later I still am (although I tell other people to fix them these days). My wife is over 30 so she loses points that way and Journalists are not really in demand in Australia.

So we have been stuck here for 5 years now frustrated and annoyed that two people who would have no trouble getting work and really want to move there can't get into Australia. It's has been very hard and we lost interest many many times but every few months we look for a way in.

If you do go for it I hope you succeed as it's a wonderful country (although it does have a lot of problems) but choose the area you move to carefully as Australia is a very diverse country and the states are all completely different.

Now my son has been born I really would love to move over there and bring him up in Australia but unless something drastic happens (like winning the Lottery) we are not going to get into Australia any time soon.
ring Ian Harrop. there is lots of different types of visa.im sure you'll qualify on one or the other.

·
Registered
633 Posts
funstuie said:
But my wife got pregnant so that put the brakes on that one.
ahaa you see ...we got two boys Josh 7 and Kane 3

But Enough is Enough i went for the BIG SNIP last week.....

slim chance of getting any more. looking forward now to a new life with my boys and wife Debs :hug:

funny tho it seemed to be for ever getting the ball rolling now its happening real fast.....AND WE CAN'T WAIT. :)

·
Registered
633 Posts
funstuie said:
I gave that Ian Harrop lot a call and spoke to a very nice woman. She seemed to think there would be an option for us but she didn't take much info from me and said Mr Harrop would give me a call back. He didn't. Hopefully he will call tomorrow. I would be more than willing to pay £3/4K if it got us over there.
cool...i'm 100% sure he will call you tomorrow.
thats how i left it with them the first time i made contact and he did call back the next day as promised.

Good luck...!!!!

if i can give you any personal advice pm me.

Mark + Debbie

·
Registered
633 Posts
funstuie said:
I gave that Ian Harrop lot a call and spoke to a very nice woman. She seemed to think there would be an option for us but she didn't take much info from me and said Mr Harrop would give me a call back. He didn't. Hopefully he will call tomorrow. I would be more than willing to pay £3/4K if it got us over there.
Well mate any news from Harrop.......????

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.