Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
4,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im a self employed sparks but do general maintenance work for high street shops etc...

Just got back from Millets in town - Blocked toilets :(

One of the worst ive done.

In order to unblock it i had to remove the soil pipe outside and WITH MY HAND pull out 2 weeks worth of poo!!! Ewwwwww!!!

Finally found the blockage, a toilet air freshner.

I now have other peoples poo staines splashed all down my trousers, and the smell poooooeeeeeee!!

Makes me laugh when people say they are going to retrain as a plumber, they forget it ususally involves things like that :D

·
Registered
26,802 Posts
Baza said:
Im a self employed sparks but do general maintenance work for high street shops etc...

Just got back from Millets in town - Blocked toilets :(

One of the worst ive done.

In order to unblock it i had to remove the soil pipe outside and WITH MY HAND pull out 2 weeks worth of poo!!! Ewwwwww!!!

Finally found the blockage, a toilet air freshner.

I now have other peoples poo staines splashed all down my trousers, and the smell poooooeeeeeee!!

Makes me laugh when people say they are going to retrain as a plumber, they forget it ususally involves things like that :D
you stink of piss and shit and it aint yours...... :eek:
:D :D ;) ;) ;) ;)

·
Registered
10,466 Posts
That's because most plumbers don't do drains, just heating and bathroom installs. A mate just does drains - born with no sense of smell he says. All the plumbers round here give out his number when people call for blocked drains and he sends them a bottle of Scotch at Christmas.

He drives a mint Splitty, has a new work van every two years, and his Mrs does not work but has a 55 plate Merc ragtop.

·
Registered
15,259 Posts
dads a plumber.. when he does jobs like that he aint getting in my car ;)

·
Banned
4,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
artist said:
That's because most plumbers don't do drains, just heating. A mate just does drains - born with no sense of smell he says. All the plumbers round here give out his number when people call for blocked drains and he sends them a bottle of Scotch at Christmas.

He drives a mint Splitty, has a new work van every two years, and his Mrs does not work but has a 55 plate Merc ragtop.
Does his mrs have a sense of smell? ;)

No thanks, you can keep your plumbing lark, think i'll stick to connecting things up for a living.

·
Banned
4,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dont know wether to tell the mrs or not. Have a feeling if i do i wont be getting any hide the sausage for a while.

·
Banned
4,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
DarrenW said:
I just figured it involved wearing dungarees and running around a lot. Looks pretty easy to me?

Mario and Luigi have a lot to answer for I guess :)

Poooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo men.

·
Registered
627 Posts
haha, I used helped my mate out when he set up his drainage and pest control company. He's doing very well too, must be alot of sh*te out there.

As much as it literally stank it was good fun and the satisfaction of unblocking drains and watching the man hole full of poo empty is really, quite bizarrely satisfying.

Luckily we were equiped with jetting equipment which helps to keep you away from the poo to some degree. Still he you get it wrong you can end up with a face full, needless to say I had all my injections to prevent me from contracting disease.

Worst bit was doing wasps nets, not fun, in some instances we would do a full removal of the nest. Imagine a nest the size car wheel hanging from the roof trusses in a customers loft! that's a big ass nest, naturally they don't want it in there. OK, wasp suit - check, chemicals - check, bin liner - check, torch - check. Lock yourself in the loft, clumsily climb over the joists, christmas tree, suitcases and position yourself directly below the nest, open the bin liner put a few chemicals in there and then gently offer the open bag up over the nest all the way to the top and scoop it shut with the nest inside. Do this mid summer, sweating like a beaver constantly feeling the wasp dive bombing you in a partially lit loft thinking am I going to fall through the ceiling. I'd rather empty somebodies drain. Anyway only helped for a few months until I got myself sorted back with a nice cushy desk job drawing pictures.

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
worst one we did was rodding down
the vent pipe on the roof and a bloody
doll appears in the manhole along with
all the shit...but we couldn't tell it was
a bloody doll, though someone had shoved
a baby down the manhole :(

·
Registered
10,112 Posts
WillBug said:
Might also have something to do with the massive amount of money they charge at the moment. Try getting a plumber in a hurry and you'll see what I mean. :p
It's been a long time coming dude ;)

How much is cleaning human shite worth? if we don't put that white thing in our bathroom you my friend, would be aiming your arse at a brown paper bag :incheek:

It may be shite to you but it's our bread and butter. :incheek:

·
Registered
10,112 Posts
........and last week while I was clearing out a manhole I found a lighter,it still works :eek: :incheek:

·
Registered
21,200 Posts
Big_Nige said:
Worst bit was doing wasps nets, not fun, in some instances we would do a full removal of the nest. Imagine a nest the size car wheel hanging from the roof trusses in a customers loft! that's a big ass nest, naturally they don't want it in there. OK, wasp suit - check, chemicals - check, bin liner - check, torch - check. Lock yourself in the loft, clumsily climb over the joists, christmas tree, suitcases and position yourself directly below the nest, open the bin liner put a few chemicals in there and then gently offer the open bag up over the nest all the way to the top and scoop it shut with the nest inside. Do this mid summer, sweating like a beaver constantly feeling the wasp dive bombing you in a partially lit loft thinking am I going to fall through the ceiling. I'd rather empty somebodies drain. Anyway only helped for a few months until I got myself sorted back with a nice cushy desk job drawing pictures.
I remember sitting in a car with my Grandad with the windows wound up watching a man from the council dispose of a wasps nest that had been built on the guttering of the garage.

It was fascinating!
He had a spray gun full of chemicles that he aimed into the nest. Next thing I know a load of angry wasps are trying to attack him and then suddenly drop to the ground.

·
Registered
21,422 Posts
I did 2 weeks work at TWIL (tinsley wire) working mostly as a laccy for a pipefitter. This mostly involved replacing gaskets and pipework around acid baths, bubbling zinc (I think) etc etc. It was horrible, you could hardly breath and the heat in there was incredible!

But the worst experience of all was we had to sort out some blocked pipes in the mens urinals. He took the pipes off but I had to unblock them. I used a pressure washer back at HQ which jetter hot pissy water EVERYWHERE, it stank like you wouldn't believe and when it came out it was like a solid white cheese!!!

Plumber? you must be feckin joking!!!

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Soreheed - no malice in my comment - I think plumbers should be paid a fair bit. It really is a crappy job at times (pun REALLY not intended) and it's got to be done right to not be shite. it might not be rocket science but not too many folk would do it hence the money. I know at least one plummer who quite his job at a legal firm because the money was better.

My work earns well for the same reason as plumbing does right now - more work than workers - means prices ar high.

I was just saying one reason a lot of people do it now is because you can earn an absolute fortune if you're prepared to put in the hours.

Still - I'd rather you than me mate. ;)

·
Registered
10,112 Posts
WillBug said:
Soreheed - no malice in my comment - I think plumbers should be paid a fair bit. It really is a crappy job at times (pun REALLY not intended) and it's got to be done right to not be shite. it might not be rocket science but not too many folk would do it hence the money. I know at least one plummer who quite his job at a legal firm because the money was better.

My work earns well for the same reason as plumbing does right now - more work than workers - means prices ar high.

I was just saying one reason a lot of people do it now is because you can earn an absolute fortune if you're prepared to put in the hours.

Still - I'd rather you than me mate. ;)
no worries dude ;)

Think about me when your Heating is fooked,or that hot water is cold ;) or....

1 - 20 of 24 Posts