Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As they should be shot! :mad:

I've been there for many years, but this is the first time i ventured down in an aircooled beast. As we all know it has got far to chavy, but i found this year was unreal. I braved the weather on sunday to drag my ghia down to the show, it was pissing down and the dudes in yellow jackets tried to direct me into the field to park, not a chance, i'd have sunk and still been there now.

I wandered into the show and found there to be loads of space and some stunning cars were being put in the field carpark and not the main show area. There were tons of spaces in the main area too. Its clearly first come first serve no matter what you drive, money is clearly there main reason for running the show.
 

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
Joined
·
52,673 Posts
It is run by a company called Cranstar. I believe the owner is still a Mr Christoper Christopherours (sp).
 

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
Joined
·
52,673 Posts
s1oww said:
i think they do the campsite thing, not the sunday show. Its probably council run.
No, Cranstar run the whole shooting match, always have, the car park is merely leased off the council. A few years back the council wanted to stop RTTS due to adverse public opinion so the owner became a councillor.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,218 Posts
not another moan about rtts! :eek: it surely cant be that bad??i love newquay but never been to rtts,always thought it would be ace,im gonna have to go an see for myself,next year we will all just have to go and pile in damn early! :D :hangloose
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,983 Posts
LJ60'cal pickup said:
not another moan about rtts! :eek: it surely cant be that bad??i love newquay but never been to rtts,always thought it would be ace,im gonna have to go an see for myself,next year we will all just have to go and pile in damn early! :D :hangloose
good plan, go check it out next year. I might do the same ? i think i would try and stay at a smaller campsite and just go for the show n shine ??
 

·
Holy Calamity
Joined
·
67,056 Posts
s1oww said:
As they should be shot! :mad:

I've been there for many years, but this is the first time i ventured down in an aircooled beast. As we all know it has got far to chavy, but i found this year was unreal. I braved the weather on sunday to drag my ghia down to the show, it was pissing down and the dudes in yellow jackets tried to direct me into the field to park, not a chance, i'd have sunk and still been there now.

I wandered into the show and found there to be loads of space and some stunning cars were being put in the field carpark and not the main show area. There were tons of spaces in the main area too. Its clearly first come first serve no matter what you drive, money is clearly there main reason for running the show.
I heartily and sincerely look forward to attending your better-organised show :) :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,218 Posts
deano_dinosaur said:
good plan, go check it out next year. I might do the same ? i think i would try and stay at a smaller campsite and just go for the show n shine ??
surely we could do it,overun the show with vw's again!is there any other car scene that could it?i doubt it,im in! :D :hangloose
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,509 Posts
s1oww said:
I've been there for many years, but this is the first time i ventured down in an aircooled beast. As we all know it has got far to chavy, but i found this year was unreal.
Ive only been for the last 2 years but thought there were loads more VW's on the rtts site than last year. Seem that more VW owners are attending.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
DarrenW said:
I heartily and sincerely look forward to attending your better-organised show :) :D
if i lived nearer i would be dam tempted to give it a go. The other half was already looking for a field to rent :incheek:

I agree there were a lot of vw's floating about this year. There seem to be less people with water pistols too, which is a good thing :).

My main complaint is the show on sunday, the guys on the door need to be stricter about who they let park in the main car park. After all it is ment to be a hot rod and vw event.
 

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
Joined
·
52,673 Posts
s1oww said:
if i lived nearer i would be dam tempted to give it a go. The other half was already looking for a field to rent :incheek:

I agree there were a lot of vw's floating about this year. There seem to be less people with water pistols too, which is a good thing :).

My main complaint is the show on sunday, the guys on the door need to be stricter about who they let park in the main car park. After all it is ment to be a hot rod and vw event.
Back in the day it was a custom car show, it began to become predominately VW around 1990, but to my knowledge has never been advertised as a 'Dub Show'. I did not see one water pistol this year, a few local kids had water bombs, but the police dealt with them quickly. This year the main problem was the weather, but hey what are you gonna do.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,983 Posts
s1oww said:
My main complaint is the show on sunday, the guys on the door need to be stricter about who they let park in the main car park. After all it is ment to be a hot rod and vw event.
From the website -

Run to the Sun has evolved over the years, and it would be true to say that it is not solely a Custom Car and VW festival. There are many different elements, which contribute to its unique image, not least of all its location in the Surf capital of
the UK.


Looks like 'alls welcome' to me.

I started going around 1990, there has always been tons of regular cars and works vans tagging along.
I still enjoy it, only the weather was pants this year.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
944 Posts
clarkson said:
It is run by a company called Cranstar. I believe the owner is still a Mr Christoper Christopherours (sp).
no he's not the owner, he oversee's the barrowfields hotel, trevelgue and the cornish element regarding entertainment venues such as fistral surf festival etc. cranstar is owned by someone (female i think) in london.

head of rtts is a mr mike finnegan... he controls and organises the entire event with the help of a girl called laura. he used to be assisted by camilla christepherous (yes the daughter) but her dad sacked her.

they do run the show and shine and all elements related to the campsite

fact

:hangloose

agreed it is an event for all..... but it HAS lost its way
 

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
Joined
·
52,673 Posts
Backside 360 said:
no he's not the owner, he oversee's the barrowfields hotel, trevelgue and the cornish element regarding entertainment venues such as fistral surf festival etc. cranstar is owned by someone (female i think) in london.

head of rtts is a mr mike finnegan... he controls and organises the entire event with the help of a girl called laura. he used to be assisted by camilla christepherous (yes the daughter) but her dad sacked her.

they do run the show and shine and all elements related to the campsite

fact

:hangloose

agreed it is an event for all..... but it HAS lost its way
Cranstar was originally just the St. Rumons Hotel in Newquay, which was owned by Chris's father and as far as I understand it Chris is still the sole owner. In the late 80's they expanded when they bought Trevelgue, which is still Cranstar's registered office. For all I know though this might have changed. I have not worked for them for a few years, I will do a companies house check later.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top