Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is my 'new mummy' rabbit called jessica

and here are her few hour old babies

she had 9 but one died!!! :(

nykxx

·
Registered
757 Posts
Mother bunnies can act a bit strange, best to leave her and babies well alone...has been known for the Mums to eat ( :( :eek: ) or just not bother with her new babies if they are interfired with.

Sorry, :( just the way it is...so hope the others are o.k.

Little bunnies are so cute! :)

jayne xx

·
Seasoned Chat Slut
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
that generally applies to rabbits who are either wild or not well handled, jess knows me very well and has trust in me to be near her babies. thank you for the advice and i would say the same thing to someone if i didnt know what their rabbit was like!! i have brought them indoors because of the 'bloody' smell as we have a lot of foxes in our back garden, i made sure i stroked her loads first and then moved them into the indoor cage as quick as poss and she huddled them all up again had some food and then fed them. if rabbits are affraid of something they will not go near the babies so that the threat doesnt notice them, it is quite rare to see a mum rabbit feeding as they are at their most vunerable when doing so!!

thanks again and i do mean thank you, im not being a 'i know better', i cant put the sentiment across on here!!

nykxx

·
Registered
757 Posts
No probs...pleased to see some happy bunnies. :D

(My dad used to breed bunnies...that's the reason why I know)

jayne xx

·
Seasoned Chat Slut
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
awwww you wicked people!!!

they are lovely cute defenceless babies, how could you say such wicked things!!! lol

nykxx

1 - 11 of 11 Posts