Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 20 of 162 Posts

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before I start, I have no eco axe to grind etc etc, I grew up in a rural area and have owned a landrover but that said why are townies in 4x4's mostly arseholes? I went to our local Morissons today and whilst waiting to park, this bloke about 50 in a crappy hyundai santa gay is coming out. There is enough space to get a 3.5 tonner out and yet this bloke shuttles back and forwards about twenty times. I will be honest and say my eyes rolled in my head :rolleyes:(by the way he was in the mother and toddler parking as well). He begins to move off so I park and begin to get my 2 year old daughter out of the car. This arsehole parks up and comes over having a right go about not being given enough space. I politely tell him that he have about 8' fore and aft and if he was struggling that wasn't my fault as I was 20' away. He was very aggressive going on about if I was 20 years younger I'd fucking have you. I politely pointed out that he was incorrect and that if he struggled so much with parking perhaps a smaller car would be a solution. I then informed him very politely that it would be best for him to go away as my gentle patient nature was being tested, which finally got the message across and he left. What an arse. I was genuinely polite throughout, but can't believe what a tosser this bloke was. The attitude of a lot (not all by any means) of 4x4 drivers really stinks.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Agreed, that guy would be an arsehole if you stuck him in a Fiat Panda.

I drive a Shogun as a daily load lugger/(dare I say it?) School run and I like to think I drive courteously.

Although please don't get me started about the 2 trips a day Moms that turn up outside of school with their 'up-kerb' £60k Range Rovers :mad: :D

·
Registered
3,932 Posts
They aren't. "So many" drivers are arseholes full stop. The car they drive doesn't make any difference or have any effect. I can't be arsed to read past the title though :lol:

A bad experience with one 4x4 driver does not a stereotype make :lol:
QFT
i had an altercation with some old twat in a corsa in sainsburys carpark the other day, he wanted the parking space i was in and it seems i was taking too long putting my daughter in her child seat for his liking, so he started shouting:confused: not for very long mind......;)

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A bad experience with one 4x4 driver does not a stereotype make :lol:
This guy was particularly bad, but EVERY trip there, and most big car parks, you see them parked diagonally, in disabled spaces, up on kerb etc etc. If you can't park a big car why buy one in the first place!

·
Registered
78,004 Posts
I agree with Darren to some extent.

But I do think there are a breed of bad drivers in 4X4s because they have had a lot of accidents and they or their spouse think they would be safer in a higher vehicle.

I know two people who have offroad style 4X4s for this exact reason.

But that doesn't make them arseholes (which was the thread question) :D

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
17,464 Posts
BMW drivers don't use indicators. Fact.
this is true. i had a bmw for a while and i totally forgot how to indicate, i couldn't get the damn thing out of the fast lane and my cock shrunk.

it was reliable though and i got a permit to park anywhere.

·
Registered
30,750 Posts
I agree with Darren to some extent.

But I do think there are a breed of bad drivers in 4X4s because they have had a lot of accidents and they or their spouse think they would be safer in a higher vehicle.

I know two people who have offroad style 4X4s for this exact reason.
Sad, but true - it's the safety aspect most owners buy for,
despite what effect it might have on anyone else involved in a collision with them.

http://www.sgvtribune.com/ci_11273594?source=rss_viewed

·
Holy Calamity
67,015 Posts

·
Registered
16,782 Posts
I dont like 4x4s,never have done,never will.I`d guess 90% off them on the roads now are for show and nothing else.Too big and clumsy and no need for them on city streets. Who in the right mind is going to take a 60k 4x4 off road?

1 - 20 of 162 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.