Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
barstard:D had just about talked myself out of a rail for a german look 03. still can't us a rail as a daily driver..............

cheers rob

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
judgie said:
barstard:D had just about talked myself out of a rail for a german look 03. still can't us a rail as a daily driver..............

cheers rob
Anything is possible!

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
well cooooool.

·
Registered
12,284 Posts
Sandrails are extremely cool in every way...

but then maybe I'm a little bit biased :D

Oh, and this is a proper VW rail, not of that Corvette engined rubbish!!

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
Luddite said:
Sweetest rail I ever saw was Billybobs. Still mad at myself for having no money when he sold it :(

http://www.billybobsbuggyshop.co.uk/

One day maybe......
THANKYOU ;)

I think IVAN liked it too.
Just about to start another one as a turnkey for a customer in Africa which should be well cool. A proper dessert buggy.

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
Just want to add that I never really liked the red one I did except the side view. It was my first try at one and I made the mistake of going balljoint on the front instead of linkpin with an aluminium or Warrior beam. Balljoint beams don't suit rails at all except on a UVA where they are more covered.
I also played with the rollbar too much and should have left a twin top bar. But I have learned my lesson.
The rail I'm about to do will actually get used properly so will have duel fuel tanks, warrior beam, IRS rear on tubular arms, proper coil overs all round (not the empi ones), chromoly race axles, GPS, spare wheels and a bit of power!!.
Trouble is, I think I get more excited about the cars than the customers.
New ad coming in VolksWorld soon (next month!) too.
See I've had a few beers, I see the word sandrail and I'm off on one again.

·
Registered
18,968 Posts
So, when you gonna feature one Ivan?

I've been banging on about these for feckin years now. The level of detailing on some of the US ones is unbelievably astounding :eek: :eek:

And quite a few are powere by nitrous injected 2332cc monsters :crazy: :crazy: :D

Love em

More please ;)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts