Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
12,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
don't get me wrong, its a shame she died and i wouldn't wish that on any family, especially when youngish kids are involved (i should know, my dad died in an accident when i was a young boy) but imho she was a clever, devious, vindictive woman who knew how to play a nation in her favour. you just don't marry the future king and expect a normal relationship.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
I never thought she was good looking either, yet the papers always say she was.

·
Registered
6,409 Posts
Youre not alone, i couldnt stand the manipulative bint. And does anyone really believe her two sons have the same dad?

·
Registered
78,035 Posts
I wasn't a big fan (understatement) when she was alive.

BUT the point is she wasn't an evil person, she just married the wrong person and got used.

SO when she died all bets were off.

Everybody loves you when you're dead...

don't speak ill of the dead...

the dead can't defend themselves etc...

So anyone who is still vocal about not liking her is a bit of dick or immature or both...

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
peelo said:

BUT the point is she wasn't an evil person, she just married the wrong person and got used.

So anyone who is still vocal about not liking her is a bit of dick or immature or both...
yes.. we all love hitler

:incheek: :D

·
Registered
12,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
peelo said:

but my point would be that she didn't marry the wrong person, the wrong person married her and he got used.....i think call me a dick or immature or both is just out of order.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
peelo said:

Yeah, but....

she may have been dead nine years, but the media are still promoting her as some Celebrity Saint, and the nation seems to be in some sort of denial about the fact she was a mental self-promotionist. It's becoming very frowned upon to say what you think because of this.

I didn't like her at the time, I'm not vocal about not liking her now, but I do find this continued media canonisation irritating to say the least.

·
Registered
395 Posts
itfczx9r said:
don't get me wrong, its a shame she died and i wouldn't wish that on any family, especially when youngish kids are involved (i should know, my dad died in an accident when i was a young boy) but imho she was a clever, devious, vindictive woman who knew how to play a nation in her favour. you just don't marry the future king and expect a normal relationship.
DICK! Fuck off.

·
Registered
12,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Luddite said:
Yeah, but....

she may have been dead nine years, but the media are still promoting her as some Celebrity Saint, and the nation seems to be in some sort of denial about the fact she was a mental self-promotionist. It's becoming very frowned upon to say what you think because of this.

I didn't like her at the time, I'm not vocal about not liking her now, but I do find this continued media canonisation irritating to say the least.
that is my point, she has hardly been left to RIP and is now seen as an iconic saint of the last century. imho she wasn't.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I thought she was a shallow manipulative bimbo. The fact that she ended up marrying Prince Charle's is down to that interfereing old bag the Queen Mother.

Don't get me wrong, I'm nt anti monarchy, I'm a big Charles supporter.

Charles should have married the Parker-Bowles woman first off and told the rest of the royal household to f' off if they didn't like it.

Now all the Diana sycophants are jumping on thde conspiracy band waggon, to prove that Saint Diana was truely murdered and therefore required beatification.

The amount of dead flowers that were piled up upset me more than Diana's death.

Yes she did some good works, but we all could if we had her time an d money!

Rant over.

·
Registered
78,035 Posts
Luddite said:
Yeah, but....

she may have been dead nine years, but the media are still promoting her as some Celebrity Saint
I've missed that.

I guess it depends what you read and where you get your news from.

But yeah I can see what you mean.

·
Registered
78,035 Posts
itfczx9r said:
but my point would be that she didn't marry the wrong person, the wrong person married her and he got used.....i think call me a dick or immature or both is just out of order.
(I wasn't saying you were a dick... if I was I'd have just said it.)

But she married the wrong person not the other way round. it was pretty much an arranged marriage.

There were a good few other people Charles would have rather married but they were 'unsuitable' and he wasn't allowed to marry them

1 - 20 of 52 Posts