Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm putting this thread on for a friend who does not have internet access....

He has a snag with his 73 bug...

When the engine is cold it starts 1st time with no problems at all and runs fine... when the engine is warm, it wont start at all. He's at a complete loss as to what the problem is. Has anyone got any ideas..
If anyone has any suggestions could you ring Mark on 07969676060
I cant keep my eye on this thread for him as I'm going away tomorrow for a few days.
Many thanks, :)

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
tel him to put accelerator flat to floor and start it, and keep it there until it starts. this should release it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello (newbie here)
I have this problem too. Am a very proud and happy new owner of a 1969 1500 beautiful beetle. She too starts every time when cold, but is a pain if I drive for more than 20 minutes, then refuses to restart for a very long time. Weather seems to play a big part, hot day and she wont move again. Automatic choke. I have tried it with the accelarator flat to floor, but still she wont move. I am afraid that my technical knowledge is too poor to understand about the points closing up. What does that mean? Will watch this thread with interest. It is a shame as at the moment it makes me a little nervous of driving any distance in case I cant start it again on the return journey.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts