Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
over the past few months i have noticed a few strange things happen to my PC, i dont think i have hackers or owt as i have a good firewall a good virus checker and a spyware checker i update weekley.

basically the stuff i have had happen is as follows:

frequently I find when im typing suddenly what im doing will jump to something else, for instance im typing in an msn window and it`ll jump and suddenly the mouse will connected to the msn window so i have to move it and put it down.

I have found the system will sort of lock so i can use the IE window im using but cant click on stuff on the start bar at the button, unless i press control alt delete, bring up task manager and then close it again, everything carries on working normally.

for the first time tonite, ulitmate weirdness(strangely not long after symptom 1) i was replying to a thread on here and the IE reverses, all the VZi adds on the right, went to the left, the scroll bar went to the left, and the reply box all the txt was justified left, and it seemed to work back to front, although when i submited the reply and the page refreshed it was ok again.

im a bit lost as i built this system 2 years ago (win XP SP2) 2 years ago and its been nice and reliable, I have a cordless mouse(logitech) and cordless keyboard(HP) if this makes any diff :confused: just find it rather odd and no real answer :confused:

anyone any ideas?

G

·
Maybe it needs pudding? :incheek:

Seriously though ...

try a wired keyboard and a wired mouse

if you have a microphone and speakers plugged in, remove them. I had one machine where the mic and speakers were plugged into the wrong holes. Microsoft office comes with speech recognition software and this was causing random things to be typed onscreen as well as the mouse moving around.

try running windows in VGA mode to make sure there's not a fault with the video card, drivers, or both

also check out the preventative maintenance mentioned here http://www.volkszone.com/VZi/showthread.php?t=363970

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
he's right! especially if its logitech (which the mouse is) we've had loads of problems with those logitech stuff in our shop, its so stupid!

if its only started doing it recently, its worth taking the time out to go into safe mode, and scan the computer with a few good programs. adaware SE personal, AVG antispyware, the new panda is good too, none of those crappy programs, or norton, or mcaffee or anything though...

NOD32 is meant to be good too.

·
Registered
13,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
your right maybe it does need pudding :D

hmm keep an eye on it me thinks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts