Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sat at a junction waiting to turn right. A lorry comes over the brow of the hill and straight into the back of her.

My 4 year old boy was in the back as well. :mad:

He got a bump on the head, and Claire's got whiplash - 4 days before she does a 200 mile trek in China for charity. :(

Just glad they're both ok.



 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,795 Posts
not good :(
will she still be able to go, or is the trip off

i hope the lorry driver will be good enough to make a doantion to the charity if she can't go

 

·
Banned
Joined
·
597 Posts
atlease they're both safe! Thank you VW safty!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
rubbachicken said:
not good :(
will she still be able to go, or is the trip off

i hope the lorry driver will be good enough to make a doantion to the charity if she can't go

She's determined to go, even if it means not claiming for the injury
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34,511 Posts
Jeez i`d say you had a lucky escape...them lorries can really squash things.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
12,512 Posts
She should see what the doc says before deciding whether or not to go. I wouldn't mess with a spinal injury. Glad no-ones hurt worse than that though. :hangloose :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,068 Posts
Ouch! :(

Glad no-one was killed! :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
girlofleisure said:
She should see what the doc says before deciding whether or not to go. I wouldn't mess with a spinal injury. Glad no-ones hurt worse than that though. :hangloose :)
Cheers

Put it this way though. She's had to raise over £3k to go. If she can't go we're gonna sue for that amount and she can go next year instead.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
12,512 Posts
Steveclaire said:
Cheers

Put it this way though. She's had to raise over £3k to go. If she can't go we're gonna sue for that amount and she can go next year instead.
Fingers crossed she's well enough to go. Whip lash can be a funny bugger though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,293 Posts
Steveclaire said:
Cheers

Put it this way though. She's had to raise over £3k to go. If she can't go we're gonna sue for that amount and she can go next year instead.
she needs to get to the doc ASAP and see what the answer is, and make sure it is written down in the notes too

interesting question (legally) whether she could sue for the lost sponsorship. I suspect not. Need to think about that.

Glad they're both (mainly) OK
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
CheekyMonkey said:
she needs to get to the doc ASAP and see what the answer is, and make sure it is written down in the notes too

interesting question (legally) whether she could sue for the lost sponsorship. I suspect not. Need to think about that.

Glad they're both (mainly) OK
Yeah, I know what you mean. I reckon it could be an unusual one.

Harrison, my 4 year old is nuts. He's making up songs about the crash, and he's running around like nothings happened. Kids are made of rubber.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,670 Posts
Looks like a nasty prang , glad it wasnt more serious and that they are both ok ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
barkyd said:
Looks like a nasty prang , glad it wasnt more serious and that they are both ok ;)
Cheers,

She was riding the clutch at the time (no dirty jokes please :incheek: )

I can't help thinking that if she'd been sat there with the handbrake on (as you're taught), the lorry would have gone straight over the top. As it is, she just shot 20 feet down the road.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Mr.AJ said:
Shit mate :(

Im glad none of them are seriously hurt! Hope your wife can do her trip to china too :(

Did he see just not see her? Or was he going too fast to stop in time?
A witness reckons he just didn't see her. The thing is, the lorry was coming up a steepish hill, so he probably had it going some to keep it going, then he came over the crest and....uh-oh... He had about 50 feet to react.

Funny thing was this happened just outside the garage we bought it from.

What do you reckon she should get now?
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top