Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello peeps...

Today my wipers stopped working properly, the description that best sums them up is intermittent. You switch them on, sometimes they work sometimes they dont yet when you do have them on, turn them off for a few minutes and go to put them back on - nothing at all.

I have checked the wiring, and come to the conclusion that the switch is faulty mainly due to when I tested it with a light/power tester when the switch is set to the on position, nothing happens yet when you use the new switch I have got, they work straight away, HOWEVER the new switch is not a dash mounted VW one, which isnt a problem as I was going to mount it under the dash anyway, what is the problem is that the motor is 6v, and the live wire I was running the switch from is 12v as the car was converted (1966 beetle). The wipers work but in warp speed 9, and I dont really want them going that fast...

....what can I do? Is there another live feed I can use that isnt giving off as much power, can I put something in-line to stop it going so fast?

Much help needed as I need to use the car - and its raining cats and dogs out there.

Thanks very much.... :hangloose

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any other options? Might have to try the headlight one tomorrow but cant get hold of anything like that now. ;)

·
Highly Respected Member
13,500 Posts
Change the motor for a proper 12V one is the correct way to do it, but the headlight bulb is the best temporary work-around. Buy one at the petrol station. It dosen't have to be a VW one.

Dave.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well it seems that the problem is not the switch, but there is a resistor at the top of the bulkhead fixed too it, which seems to be at fault, is this meant to be there? Does anyone know where to get a new one? Its a cylinder shape, with 3 wires coming off it, and is about 4 inches long.

Any ideas?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts