Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For less than I'm paying for their 20mb! :D

Yesterday I was browsing their website reading about their new 50mb Broadband, I thought, I fancy some of that! It normally costs £50 a month if you just have the broadband on it's own but they have a deal up where if you have their Phone Line aswell you can have the 50mb for £35 a month (along with an Install charge of £80 and you get a State of the Art Modem made specifically for the service and the Latest Netgear N Wireless Router). Well, I have their Phone Line with added Talk unlimited, XL TV Package with V+ Box, Aditional V Box upstairs and XL 20mb Broadband and I've been with them for 17 Years, since the days of Telewest Dialup being 'The Latest thing!' lol.
So I thought, fuck me! I should more than qualify for this!
I ring up on 150 from the handset, ask about the service and quote the offer on the website, the lady then tells me "Sorry, can't give you that offer, it will cost you £52 a month" At that point I'm like £52! WTF!? and I tell em to forget it and hang up! Now I'm just sat there in Disbeleife that I had just been quoted MORE than if I was to just have the 50mb on its own! So at this point I'm Really Annoyed! and decide to email Mr CEO of Virgin Media :D Oh Yes! Politely Detailing my Phone Conversation with their Customer Services, All the Services of theirs I currently have, the length of time I have been a customer and very slightly hint that if it's not sorted I will be taking my Custom elsewhere.
I very promptly within the hour get an email back from the CEO saying:
"Dear Mr Gray, Ever so Sorry, this is not right, I will get straight on it. Could you please forward me your Virgin Media Account Number and your Address + Postcode."
I reply saying "Thanks for getting back so quickly and here are my details....."
About an Hour ago I get a phone call:
"Hello Mr Gray, this is Peter - CEO of Virgin Media, First of all, I'm very Sorry for the troubles you have been having, now I have had a look at your details and the reason why they could not put you on this offer is that you already have a £23 Discount on your account as it is and the 50mb offer is only a £15 discount." "Ok" I say "But looking through your record you do have Alot of our top package services so I will sort a deal out for you to have the 50mb service for £35 a month instead of £52 and as you are also one of our Longest Serving Customer, 17 years now, I will waver the £80 install charge and have it installed for Free aswell." so I'm like "Great!" he has a look at the install Diary and says "If it's ok an Engineer will be with you next Thursday Morning between 8:00am and 1:00pm. If you have any other problems, don't hesitate to call me, i will be happy to help."

RESULT!

·
Registered
15,390 Posts
FIFTY mb broadband :eek: :eek: :eek:

i´ve only got 6mb for 45 over here :eek:

result tho :D

·
Registered
95 Posts
So at this point I'm Really Annoyed! and decide to email Mr CEO of Virgin Media
Care to share his email address please? I have some major issues with Virgin, I would like to put a polite but damning email into his inbox. Thanks :)

Oh, and well done on your result! :D

·
Registered
11,292 Posts
I got a deal with them due to them taking a month to install it all after they f*cked up the original order. However I have noticed that after a year the deal has gone back to the proper price without any notice via email or letter! :mad:

Plus on top of the that I get interferance on the TV even though it's cable and sometimes the 8mb broadband works slower than dial-up :rolleyes: Sometime it even doesn't work at all. I'm now looking at getting a BT line back in and using Sky ;)

Best of luck anyway ;)

OP

·
Registered
6,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Care to share his email address please? I have some major issues with Virgin, I would like to put a polite but damning email into his inbox. Thanks :)

Oh, and well done on your result! :D
You have PM :)

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
I was a long term NTL/Virgin customer but I got so fed up with being told "Its an introductory offer" I did take my business elsewhere.

A bit like those annoying Nationwide ads.

they still have,nt learnt to look after their loyal customers.
Still,at least you got a result you,re happy with :)

RALPH

·
Registered
6,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just be aware that they will have you on an introductory offer and to make sure that you make a note of the date and call before your year is up.
I was aware of this before hand and it was also explained over the phone. The date of order (today) and the install date have both been noted in my Phones Notes and Calender with a reminder for a years time, at which point I have the option to stay on 50mb and pay the actual price or go back to 20mb and get to keep the new Super Duper Modem and Router. I'm not bothered about any of this as I'm still saving a couple of quid a month for a year, getting a better service, a nice new super Modem and Router free and Installation for free. Plus their Prices are set to go down around June/July time anyway ;) so I may well be sticking with the 50mb if the price isn't too bad by the time the year is up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts