1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This vehicle:

Purports to be Coral red.

However if you consult this colour swatch:

You can see it's a totally different colour!

I can't believe they ruined this car, it makes me so mad! :mad:

Some people eh? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
fastbackerdez said:
maybe you'd prefer this oval instead? :incheek:

i can just see you crusing to a show in this, with margret in the passenger seat (and the mother in law in the back of course ;)
Thanks to you, my Margaret just heard me say Fl*pping H*ck, and now she's told the Mother in Law. I hope you're happy, and Mods, is there anyway you could maybe suspend FastbackerDez's account and remove that picture? After all, as soon as you change any aspect of the car from the original specifications, you can't really call it a volkswagen can you?

Speaking of which, can anyone help me on this:

http://www.volkszone.com/VZi/showthread.php?t=220497

·
Registered
4,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ross said:
Oooooh I've just caught on, this bloke is another Troll tosser type person :rolleyes:
Let me categorically state now for once and for all that I'm just a regular guy, who shares a house with his wife and her mother, and knows all the VW part numbers, when all the changes happened (including when the distributor spring went from having 38 coild to having 39), just like the majority of most of you guys.

My constant struggle to keep the board on a VW theme, steering it away from the filth it has been degraded with recently seems only to make things worse, with perfectly innocent questions answered with cynicism and smut.

I have never even met a Troll (nor did I know they exiested outside of fairy tales) and believe me the last thing i'd do if I did meet one is, in the parlance of the younger generation, 'toss him off'

Just ask my Margaret, she'll tell you.

·
Registered
4,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
StefFreak said:
you seem to know your dubs

ok

whats the difference between a 67 quarter light and a 68?

im up for a vw "quizz" :hangloose
i have to admit I don't know much about the modern Type 1's, I'd say something to do with the overall shape, or a slightly different profile maybe?

·
Registered
4,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
fastbackerdez said:
[buffer mode]
67 was the last year of the old style chrome lever catch- the 68 had the crappy black plastic, turn-then-twist ones that fall off :incheek:
[/buffer mode]
Well obviously I knew that, however the question was about the quarterlight itself, I wasn't expecting that you'd have to resort to trickery in order to catch me out.

·
Registered
4,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Ah, 'felch'. I didn't think any of you young un's would know about Felch Fest.

Thats the Flat4 Elite Low-milage Classic/Historics, to you.

·
Registered
4,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
mdsplitvw said:
LOVE that :D:D:D awesome meet ;):incheek:
Well I'm gald to hear it. Good to see someone knows that F.E.L.C.H. isn't about constantly sucking up to your fellow man. It's a scene where you earn your place in the F.E.L.C.H. chain. Last time I had a run in my old 'Brownie' the guys were lapping it up.

·
Registered
4,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Ross said:

Call yourself an enthusiast? You've failed to spot the mismatched tyres, crossply's front, radials back :incheek:
Well OBVIOUSLY, but then I thought that even you lot would have been able to spot those without my expert help.

·
Registered
4,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
alfie the monster said:
I have had my 70000 mile 61 Beetle converted to 12 volts. On the grounds of safety I thought it was best, I also ditched the crossplies as they would struggle with my heavy right foot and 150 bhp :bandit:
[fingers back in ears]

LA LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA

[/fingers back in ears]

Oh and by the way, hate to be pedantic but I think you may have missed out a decimal point on your BHP figure, 15.0bhp which seems a little on the low side.

·
Registered
4,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
Orange Rat said:
Sorry to be pedantic sir but how will putting fingers in your ears protect you from reading things on a forum?? :confused:

Surely a blindfold would have done a better job.

:hangloose
Ok do I have to spell everything out for you retards? Like the time I explained that the wheelnuts made during the 2nd week in june 1953 are .32mm longer than the ones from the previous week of manufacture? :rolleyes:

Well, put you fingers in your ears, rotate your hands so that the palms face upwards. Now you can use your thumbs to obscure your vision. The fingers in ears bit is merely a security precaution which ensures the thumbs cannot be accidentally jolted out of position. My Margaret often insists I used this method when she has her female friends round for afternoon tea, which is perfectly reasonable I presume.

·
Registered
4,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
Howard66 said:
By the way, the Oval in the photos is an unrestored car. Therefore, it is the accuracy of your colour swatch you should be arguing about ;)
[fingers back in ears]

LA LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA

[/fingers back in ears]

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.