Volkszone Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,687 Posts
id suggest 1955cc - get all the parts as if you were building a 1776, and then add a 76mm crank.

my 1955 is way better than my 1776

·
Registered
20,431 Posts
beetleragtop said:
74mm crank is a good choice for a easy win on displacement gain (pm me if you need one ;) ) stock rod length is 5.398 IIRC not 5.5 but either way as metric says it makes for a nice combo, suits the flat4 well and makes good power without the need to go BIG!!

SENSIBLE UPGRADE ;)

James
I just want to promote again the 76 x 90.5 as a SENSIBLE upgrade.

Great characteristics for a road engine and as the $ is in the toilet at the moment the additional costs are minimal at the moment.

And as this guy has been so kind as to quote me I recall that he is buying stuff in from the US - so now is the time to buy one from him before the $ climbs. Even if you are planning to build a new motta a few months away.

I bet the $ will increase against the £ by 100% in 8 months

·
Registered
14,947 Posts
Cheers Metric

Yep a sensible upgrade, great engine with minimal fuss revs well not much smaller than the 'big stroker' motors everyone raves about and with good porting and careful choice of bits just as quick ;)

Take a lok on JMR'S website at the specs and results for some of his builds :D many lessons can be learnt there.

As for bits from the states my builds nearly done, its saved me postage on my bits doing what ive done, now my time needs to be spent building my chassis so things will slow up. If anyone wants anything though let me know, if i can help i will :hangloose

cheers james

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.