Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
26,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
8 in the morning every morning usually without fail i get someone dialing the Number for the Doctors wrong and trying to make an appointment (usually Oldies)
This morning i was asked if anyone had a look at the Stool they left for me to check out:lol:........................How do you answer shit like that without cracking up:lol:

I have had a quiet word with said surgery (invert last 2 numbers of my Phone number) a minute ago ,(funnily enough they dont pick their Phone up as quick as i do) and I left a nice message on the Machine asking them nicely "if they could check their leaflets and write the number a bit BIGGER............cos i have no wish to discuss Funny coloured Urine samples and Lumbago with random Pensioners:lol:

Do you get any funny wrong Numbers?:D

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
A few years ago a chap phoned me i answered as usual with a "hello" and the caller proceeded to tell me off for answering the phone without a welcome and not mentioning the company name as in "Good morning your through to **** ***** how may i help you" how i laughed when i said excuse me who do you think your talking to this is a private number i suggest you dial more carefully in future :lol:

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
In a previous job we used to get some bloke constantly ringing us thinking he was ringing his news agent. We always told him his error but it never worked.
Then one day he rang to cancel his newspaper while he goes on holiday - "certainly sir. I've noted that down for you. Back on the 20th? OK"

Two weeks later, an irate phonecall about not being able to open his door cos of all the papers :lol:

·
Registered
18,580 Posts
I had a wrong number call on Saturday - girl on the end was trying to trace someone who used to have that number - realised I recognised the girls voice and it turned out to be the person who bought my old house from me calling from my old house - pretty random :lol:

·
Registered
31,322 Posts
I used to have a desk job at BT... someone from a mobile phone company called my line by mistake, tried to sell me a mobile phone. Instead of hanging up, I put my phone on loudspeaker so everyone in my office could hear what I was about to do... I decided to continue the call, give no details about myself, but sound like I was the best sale they were going to have that day. I wanted everything; I wanted the best phone, the best tarif, one for me mates, some for my family... 15 minutes I had them tied up for until the only physical way the call would carry on was to get my details; I then told them exactly what company they had called by mistake! :D

whole office had a good laugh at that :)

·
Registered
9,677 Posts
We used to get calls for the local BMW dealership... used to have so much fun with them :lol:

Yesterday I had one for a breakdown service - we're a financial advisors :confused:

·
Registered
8,961 Posts
My better half always get people phoning for the local cinema. as they don't dial the code in front of the number.

We've thought about taking bookings but thought we might get into trouble for taking card details so we settle for instructing them how to read.

·
Registered
7,996 Posts
One of my clients at work tells me (every time I see them as if it's a really funny joke....:yawn:) that his wife is called Karen...and not far from where they live is one of those 'please use the rear entrance massage parlours'....called 'Karen's' with an almost identical telephone number.

My how I laughed....the first time I heard it! :lol:

·
Registered
21,200 Posts
We get calls for the co-op funeral service..well we used to til we asked someone how they had got the number and we were told that the big co-op department store had given it to them - so we called them and told them to stop, mentioned that we work for BT (not that, that means anything!) - they apologised and said they hadn't given out the number. But the calls stopped after that...hmmmmmm.

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
i have just had some oldie phone me, ask for Karen, and say "oooh, i think i may have the wrong number" before i say anything

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
My ex-directory number is unfortunately very similar to a local estate agents.

Years ago I worked for the financial services div of Lloyds Bank in Richmond (Surrey). We moved to new office and had a number of private external numbers "supplied" by BT - these were for outgoing calls only - but it just so happened that one of the numbers had already been issued to a local antique shop on Richmond Hill. Took BT months to admit they had made a mistake :rolleyes:

·
Registered
11,044 Posts
When I moved into my first house in Exeter I bought a cheap answerphone from the charity shop. Very glad I did since it seemed that someone from the local bouncy castle hire had printed leaflets or put details in the Yellow Pages with a wrong number - my number - on them!

The number of times I came home from work thinking I was popular with three messages on the machine and they were all 'hello, is that Kings Bouncy Castles...?' :p

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
19,220 Posts
I had a weird one at work the other day...

"Good morning ***** van rental, how can I help?"
"Hi, can I speak to Ann please?"
"I'm sorry, I think you must have called the wrong number, we have no Ann working here"
"No, I have the right number"
"Ok - but we still don't have anyone called Ann working here"
"Yes you do"
"No, I'm sorry but we don't - this is **** van hire"
"Can you wish her happy new year for me?"
"....... er ok..... I'll pass the message on...."

:lol:

·
Premium Member
43,484 Posts
the family home i grew up in had a phone number one digit different from the local taxi firms :rolleyes:
most of the time it was no problem but late at night on a weekend, you'd get them calling up, after pointing out that they had the wrong number most would be a bit more careful dialing. when they were abusive or kept dialing again and again, i would tell them the taxi would be with them in 15 mins. :lol:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts