Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trams not running this morning, buses packed and no room.

MissWM and I are waiting, and I say I'll run us down to the station.

Get in the bug, traffic everywhere, I tell Ker to walk the rest of the way (thank god).

Admittedly at time of ithe accident I was accelerating hard, but still at around 30 mph.

Two lanes of traffic the right is stationary, and I'm nipping down the left lane which is clear. A bloke (coming the other way) waiting to turn into a road(I didn't know at the time) is let in by someone in the right lane. He shoots across both lanes thinking it's clear and BANG.

Didn't have time to brake = car & me mangled.

The force of the impact threw the spare wheel (in the well) about 5 metres across the road. The drivers door crumpled under the impact (I hit him shead on against his front o/s).

Force of the impact threw me against the steering wheel which actually cracked and is now completely bent.

Even the earth wire to the fucking battery was snapped in the impact, as everything was propelled forwards. :rolleyes:

Spent most of the day in hospital making sure I was OK on the advice of everyone.

Apart from a bruised sternum and a couple of cracked ribs I'm OK bar cuts and bruises (oh and the pain). They wanted me in overnight for 'observation' but I'd prefer to go out and chill rather than contemplate what happened in hospital.

Big thanks to Steve @ South London VW's for taking me down the hospital, and taking the remains of Herb in for the autopsy (written off). The front end has bent laterally and lengthways.

Was a bit shaken up earlier today but now it's worn off I'm OK, just gutted about the motor. But looking at the wreck being able to type this now less than 12 hours on is a relief.

Time to get 'smashed' I think :rolleyes: :lol:

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cardiff Dubber said:
shit dude.. hope ur ok....

how u feeling now ?
Fucking hurts typing this shit, but I'm looking forwards to going out and chilling.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Whoa! That sounds nasty. Hope you're feeling ok. Car being written off is gutting, but at least you're ok. Take it easy dude. :hangloose

·
Registered
9,063 Posts
At the time of impact did you make the same face as the girl in your avatar ;)

That's shit, though dude - I take it you got the other guys insurance details and all that? Happens at the end of the day - but glad you're all well.

·
Registered
13,067 Posts
:hug:

·
hush yer gums!
19,928 Posts
viz

hope you heal swiftly dude, sending you some postive irish mojo fella :)

cars can be replaced ;)

cheers
paul :D

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
andysorangebeetle said:
fookin hell! i would cry for months if me Bug got wrote off! what did the other guy have to say? hope you recover soon. :eek: :(
He wanted to call me an ambulance.

Fair play to him he was concerned, but was in a British Gas van thing and couldn't admit responsibilty (company policy).

On reflection if I wasn't hurt I'd have laid an avalanche of abuse on him, but I was, and I didn't.

·
Banned
12,512 Posts
Viz!!!! Bloody hell mate!! I was thinking about you today as well!!

Thank God you're ok, you can get another bug, can't get another Viz. :hug:

I bet Kir is upset poor girl....a big :hug: for her too.

You just never know what's around the corner. :(

1 - 20 of 67 Posts