Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Relative just taken my bug to get an MOT - apparently the car doesn't exist on the register? Whats going on?

·
He doesn't fr*ggin' listen!
9,859 Posts
I've had that loads of times.

The computer only brings up new beetles and their associated options and not some old style beetles. The testers then spend 30 mins trying to find the correct info, thus losing the garage money, and sending the MOT schedule for the day flying out the window.

The joys of the new 'foolproof' computerised DVLA system. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
993 Posts
I had this with a car of mine that had been off the road for a few years before i got it ! Its this new computer system that is linked with vosa and dvla!! They still can mot it by the chassis no ets and create a new record of your car , I had to have a inspection in the end as the mot station pointed out to me that the reg doc had different chassis no to the car! floor had been changed 20 odd years ago and dvla were not informed !! had the car re registered in the end and lost my pre 63 plate :rolleyes: but sorted in the end!

Good luck with it.... have you re checked the chassis number against your reg doc?.... has the car been off the road for a bit ?
sureit will be ok!!

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cheers for the replies, good to know it's probably only a DVLA cock up. I've got a feeling my chassis number may be different, although it could be the engine number :rolleyes: (cars not with me at the mo you see, just the V5)

It's going back tomorrow so hopefully they'll be able to do it. Phoned DVLA to see whats what and they said garage should just phone them - so why they didn't do that in the first place I don't know but we'll have to get the update tomorrow

·
Registered
761 Posts
speaking as somebody who works in a mot station, if u bring your logbook we can just put in a new entry on the computer database, it dont just happen with beetles either, we get it one a lot of newer cars too.......imports are usually fun tho.
once all cars have been though the system there wont be any probs next year...so vosa say anyway :rolleyes:

·
Registered
310 Posts
There is another possibility too.

If the car had previously been owned by an SO19 or Diplomatic Protection Officer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts