Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Advice needed.

Have an x-box, approximately 18months - 2 years old.

It has the "green screen of death" and is outside of the warranty. Does anyone know from experience if Microsoft will do anything about it anyway out of goodwill (its a proper chore getting thru to them) and if not, is there any way to repair it?

Ta muchly

·
Registered
5,882 Posts
X-Box or X-Box 360?

being 18 months - 2 years old I'd have guessed an X-Box 360.

If it is a 360 try unpluging everything from it, Power Cable, TV Cable, Internet Cable and take the Hard Drive off if you have one, leave it for a min then plug everthing back in apart from the Hard Drive (leave that off for now) and switch it on and try play a game, if you now don't get a Green Screen/Freezing then switch off and put the Hard Drive back on and all should be fine. This is what they told me to do with mine when it kept freezing and sometimes gave me a green screen and it worked for me, it's all fine now.

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I thought all xbox 360's had their warranty extended to 3 years?
I've been told that they will cover them for up to 3 years if they suffer from the 3 rings of death but not the green screen. Having said that i was also told when that happened it was game over so I've never really looked at it agains so its possible that what Reno said may sort it, gonna give that a try in a tick and see what happens. Fingers x'd!!

·
Registered
25,881 Posts
now people at work have been having XBox grief. not sure what the problem with theirs is, but they were told to wrap the console in a towel so it overheats and it will then reset itself. Matt's one had to go off to be fixed in th end, and someone else couldn't live without theirs so they bought another one to cover it while the original one was being repaired :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
X-Box or X-Box 360?

being 18 months - 2 years old I'd have guessed an X-Box 360.

If it is a 360 try unpluging everything from it, Power Cable, TV Cable, Internet Cable and take the Hard Drive off if you have one, leave it for a min then plug everthing back in apart from the Hard Drive (leave that off for now) and switch it on and try play a game, if you now don't get a Green Screen/Freezing then switch off and put the Hard Drive back on and all should be fine. This is what they told me to do with mine when it kept freezing and sometimes gave me a green screen and it worked for me, it's all fine now.
Yup, that definitely didn't work. Took hard drive and everything off, plugged everything else back in and it won't even play a disc properly and screen still green even before i've put the harddrive back on.

·
Registered
25,881 Posts
i don't have a console, but only thing i can suggest is turn it all off and leave it off overnight.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
ive only heard of the red ring of death on the 360 but they ve definately extended all warrentys to 3 years as my brothers had the red ring of death problem a couple of months ago ,you contact microsoft then send it to them , i think it took about 3 or 4 weeks to be returned fixed

·
Registered
5,882 Posts
shame it didnt work, sadly it sounds like ur gonna have to pay £65 max (so they told me) to have it fixed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.