Volkszone Forum banner

2721 - 2734 of 2734 Posts

·
Premium Member
48,667 Posts
Yeah not even engine donor worthy due to emissions!
It's a wonder how they got them that low. I know we joke about the mid year C3s with 165 bhp, but you can't build one that low powered! There's an article where they took a stock 165'er, put headers, intake, carb and some timing on it and got 220hp, then threw on a pair of AFRs with a medium cam and 2 points of comp and hit over 400hp

·
Administrator
166,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,727 ·
:D

·
Premium Member
12,369 Posts
:D

that is one hell of a grill

how high is that bonnet or should I say hood ;)

·
Hot shoe
26,209 Posts
Have had this week off, so last Sunday I prepped the Fury for summer cruising :cool:

Fired her up as I have been all through Covid, and let her sit and warm up on 'fast idle as usual. Then suddenly it was as if someone pulled a battery lead... not a carb stutter as I'd expect when it's cold :unsure:

Spent three days changing plugs and multimetering everything in sight and scratching my head, until by chance I noticed the rotor arm wasn't spinning (not so easy cranking and looking on your own!)

Yeah, that's not right :poop:

Was sure fun getting the missing bit out of the crankcase without dropping it and totalling the motor :sick:

Replacement unit on it's way :)

·
Administrator
166,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,730 ·
Have had this week off, so last Sunday I prepped the Fury for summer cruising :cool:

Fired her up as I have been all through Covid, and let her sit and warm up on 'fast idle as usual. Then suddenly it was as if someone pulled a battery lead... not a carb stutter as I'd expect when it's cold :unsure:

Spent three days changing plugs and multimetering everything in sight and scratching my head, until by chance I noticed the rotor arm wasn't spinning (not so easy cranking and looking on your own!)

View attachment 292538

Yeah, that's not right :poop:

View attachment 292539

Was sure fun getting the missing bit out of the crankcase without dropping it and totalling the motor :sick:

View attachment 292540

Replacement unit on it's way :)
Bloody hell! o_O :oops:

·
Hot shoe
26,209 Posts
Yeah I'll be having nightmares about removing that bit for sure!

Keeping positive, at least it happened at 1100rpm stationary in my workshop - not at motorway speeds miles from home

·
I really must get out more
6,762 Posts
Yeah I'll be having nightmares about removing that bit for sure!

Keeping positive, at least it happened at 1100rpm stationary in my workshop - not at motorway speeds miles from home
Any idea what caused it? Did a bearing in the distributor seize or maybe a weight jam in it?

2721 - 2734 of 2734 Posts