Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
26,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was diong a bit of trawling thru Photo albums tonight .....and for the hellof it i thought i would post up some of the monstrosities i have owned in my time (and some of the cool stuff)

So heres mine so fess up and show me yours!:lol:

·
Registered
908 Posts
I've had a few shockers a worse metro than that wide arch body kit the works (bought it cheap as it had no wheels). Mini with big plastic arches and big reversing light see if i can find some pics. 1303 with turbo bodykit suppose thats not that bad:lol:

·
Holy Calamity
67,032 Posts
I ran this for three months through a cold winter, about 8 years ago:

It had no heater but the fan was stuck on "2", it would ice up on the inside of the screen and so I'd have to wipe it with a rag soaked in de-icer as I drove along. It had no fuel gauge either, and the carb was knackered so it ran out of juice all the time. The sunroof leaked, helping the icing/misting problem, and there were mushrooms growing in the back footwells. I caked it up with Tigaseal and it still leaked. I covered that with tank tape and it still leaked.

Three of the four tyres had slow punctures, so every other day I had to go and put air in, different one in rotation each time. The battery was loose so it'd randomly cut out and die, usually on roundabouts.

It had a cassette player but no radio. The first time I switched it on I put a tape in and it chewed it up. The second time I switched it on smoke came out of it. I never switched it on again.

The passenger seat would randomly drop to horizontal when someone was sat in it, and the chunka-chunka-chunka seatbelt warning noise wouldn't stop, so after five minutes I'd make people sit in the back with the mushrooms and the petrol cans.

The tailgate wouldn't open, but under hard cornering I could hear something large and heavy sliding/bashing about in the boot. I never found out what it was.

Sometimes I'd come back to it in a car park and one headlamp would be on, but not always the same one. Sometimes one of the headlamp wipers would be in a different position. The steering wheel rim was completely worn smooth and it left this weird nasty-smelling slightly sticky stuff on my hands.

I paid £20 for it, and got £40 from the scrap man when I'd saved enough to get something better. :D

·
Administrator
166,984 Posts
I've been driving 34 years . . . my very first car was a Mini Cooper S . . .

I've had some stinkers too . . . and some 'mental' stff as well . . . quite a few 'kits' and 'rare'(ish) stuff . . . it was taking a Beach Buggy in part exchange for a Marcos that got me into all this VW shit :lol:

I had Simca Matra Baghera for a year . . . that was pretty 'mental' (like a baby Lotus Elite) . . . I've had loads of old Fords too . . . Zodiacs, Zephyrs, Consuls . . .

But the singlemost WORST DOG OF A CAR was this . . .

·
Registered
957 Posts
Started with a 15 year old Gold 1303 when i was 14which thanks to my heavy waxoyling is still on the road today.
Only car I hated was an astra diesel which was like a dumpling to drive and was rusty at 4y old ( I had it 3 months and repaced it with a 300 quid golf which I loved)

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Mini Clubman! Nice dude, I had an estate, put a 1275 into that fecker, ran like a dream!

The cars I've had:
First Car : Peugeot 405 1.6 petrol
had on my drive:
Micra
bay cross over
meastro auto
astra GT
rover 623
mini auto (Cut it up and put it in the bin)
Fire truck bay
viking bay
high tip bay
72 westy
crew cab bay
passat B5
ford feista H reg
Ford fiesta E reg
72 beetle
caravan
mini jet black
Sherpa van
Transit long wheel base
ZX7r - green
zx7r - red
virago 125
Honda tlm 200
GPz 500s
cg125
zrx110
Yamaha 750 triple

I'm sure theres more but cant remember them :lol:

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
26,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I ran this for three months through a cold winter, about 8 years ago:

It had no heater but the fan was stuck on "2", it would ice up on the inside of the screen and so I'd have to wipe it with a rag soaked in de-icer as I drove along. It had no fuel gauge either, and the carb was knackered so it ran out of juice all the time. The sunroof leaked, helping the icing/misting problem, and there were mushrooms growing in the back footwells. I caked it up with Tigaseal and it still leaked. I covered that with tank tape and it still leaked.

Three of the four tyres had slow punctures, so every other day I had to go and put air in, different one in rotation each time. The battery was loose so it'd randomly cut out and die, usually on roundabouts.

It had a cassette player but no radio. The first time I switched it on I put a tape in and it chewed it up. The second time I switched it on smoke came out of it. I never switched it on again.

The passenger seat would randomly drop to horizontal when someone was sat in it, and the chunka-chunka-chunka seatbelt warning noise wouldn't stop, so after five minutes I'd make people sit in the back with the mushrooms and the petrol cans.

The tailgate wouldn't open, but under hard cornering I could hear something large and heavy sliding/bashing about in the boot. I never found out what it was.

Sometimes I'd come back to it in a car park and one headlamp would be on, but not always the same one. Sometimes one of the headlamp wipers would be in a different position. The steering wheel rim was completely worn smooth and it left this weird nasty-smelling slightly sticky stuff on my hands.

I paid £20 for it, and got £40 from the scrap man when I'd saved enough to get something better. :D
Quality:)
That Metro was swapped for 40 B&H from the local scrappers
the hydragas (or whatever it was called)was shagged on the front
I replaced parts of the the floors and inner arches with bits of washing machine case Arc welded in:lol:
If you accelerated too hard the stereo jumped out of the hole in the dash .........you also had to punch the right bit of dash for the fuel gauge to work.
It had a total loss cooling system that would fill the cabin with steam when you turned the heater on,the bonnet had a habit of flying up when going over a bump too

Comedy car:lol:

·
Registered
25,881 Posts
i wanted a metro, coz thats what girls drove in my day.

i inherited my grandads citroen ax in tropical blue (kinda dull turquoise). diesel so it went for weeks on £15 of fuel, always started. sadly the head went on it, so it was bye bye cyril the cirtroen and hello to the corsa.

the corsa had issues with the central locking. nothing wrong with the car, did me proud for 3 years, but i wanted something more fun, and something that would stay locked when i walked away.

exchanged the corsa for the veeeetara. i was well chuffed when i drove past my corsa outside someones house in harlow :D

beetle was my 30th present to myself.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts

my first car, :cool:, killed it twice by crashing it into a stone wall... repairing it on the cheap, then a few weeks later running it dry of oil, i was kinda hoping the orange warning light would just go away :D

1 - 20 of 58 Posts