Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
feeling low, so decided a bit of retail therapy with the banks hard earnt cash was in order.

on my way back from the shops - driving onto the A2 (london bound) i catch site of a hub cap, whriling into said carraigeway, through my wing mirror. oh! me thinks, ive never actually seen one come off a vehicle, just lots of abandoned ones on the sides of roa.......................................oh shit! its mine! :rolleyes:

turned off and drove back down A2, but couldnt see anything - not that id have escaped with my life if id have tried to retrieve it, silly cow :rolleyes: what do yer do?

exactly ones years wonderful trouble free driving, and its all going off now isnt it! :lol:

gotta laugh - lifes too short.

·
Registered
426 Posts
least you've had a years trouble free driving, we've had our van since june its been recovered four times, had two rebuilds, new dynamo, two oil leaks fixed, a seatbelt stuck in the sliding door, a key that wouldn't turn in the ignition and today it cut out twice having taken 10 minutes to get it started, not sure whether to laugh or give up :D

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Smashing Pumpkin said:
least you've had a years trouble free driving, we've had our van since june its been recovered four times, had two rebuilds, new dynamo, two oil leaks fixed, a seatbelt stuck in the sliding door, a key that wouldn't turn in the ignition and today it cut out twice having taken 10 minutes to get it started, not sure whether to laugh or give up :D
laugh - but DONT give up!

youve gone this far - you know its what you want. :D

·
Registered
426 Posts
moodymoo said:
laugh - but DONT give up!

youve gone this far - you know its what you want. :D
problem is we dare not go anywhere in it, and everytime we do we are a bag of nerves, did 2,000 miles in Devon when we first got it, no problems at all just we could go back to those days of trust!! Wouldn't sell it but I think there are a few people out there itching to say 'i told you so' :rolleyes:

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
smashing pumkin - you got me worried now! is it 'flukey' ive had a good year - is it down hill from now?

what did people say then? :(

·
Registered
426 Posts
don't worry, we cooked our engine and all the problems came pretty much after that, mainly because my other half is dense but its a long storry :rolleyes:
All my family were very sceptical about buying our van as the money could have been spent better elsewhere, you know how it is, but it was a now or never moment for ua and despite its failings we do love it and in its short time with us we have had some fab times. I think tbh we are on borrowed time with our engine and until we can fund a new one we are going to have to drive and pray at the same time!!!

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Smashing Pumpkin said:
don't worry, we cooked our engine and all the problems came pretty much after that, mainly because my other half is dense but its a long storry :rolleyes:
All my family were very sceptical about buying our van as the money could have been spent better elsewhere, you know how it is, but it was a now or never moment for ua and despite its failings we do love it and in its short time with us we have had some fab times. I think tbh we are on borrowed time with our engine and until we can fund a new one we are going to have to drive and pray at the same time!!!
prayings good! :lol:

i really hope it works out - if youd spent the money 'elsewhere' would you have had those good times? with good times come good memories - its what life is all about. i had critiscism, :rolleyes: having got rid of the 'family' car to get the van when my husband and i seperated. i saw it as an opportunity to do something ive only dreamt about, and its the best way for me and the kids to holiday (and i really do mean the best!! ;) )

hang in there. i really really hope it works out for you, its got to. :hug:

·
Registered
426 Posts
moodymoo said:
prayings good! :lol:

i really hope it works out - if youd spent the money 'elsewhere' would you have had those good times? with good times come good memories - its what life is all about. i had critiscism, :rolleyes: having got rid of the 'family' car to get the van when my husband and i seperated. i saw it as an opportunity to do something ive only dreamt about, and its the best way for me and the kids to holiday (and i really do mean the best!! ;) )

hang in there. i really really hope it works out for you, its got to. :hug:
ah cheers :hug: you are so right about the memories and so what if our roof leakes :D Glad you are following your dreams x

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Smashing Pumpkin said:
ah cheers :hug: you are so right about the memories and so what if our roof leakes :D Glad you are following your dreams x
whats a bit of rain water between friends????? :lol:

campers - its what dreams are made of ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts